No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine once had Broner #6 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Like I said before. Mark down the thread and come back after the Spence fight. And I don't want to hear excuses about weight, either.

People think I hate Manny - I don't. I have no respect for him since he ducked The Hornet rematch, but I don't hate the guy. I do know this: A 40-year old Manny Pacquiao makes short, quick work of Mikey Garcia and VERY likely causes him to pull a Naseem Hamed/Michael Spinks - retire after that one loss in disgrace.
    retire in disgrace? check spinks' and hamed's last paycheck for their one loss. dat what you call retiring in disgrace? what do you think your final pay check be?

Comment

Originally posted by Redsox View Post
      retire in disgrace? check spinks' and hamed's last paycheck for their one loss. dat what you call retiring in disgrace? what do you think your final pay check be?
      Hamed is on record saying he felt disgraced after losing, to the point he didn't even bother training for his last fight. Repeatedly said he regrets retiring, but was so ashamed of losing the way he did he wasn't thinking at the time.

Spinks went into literal hiding for DECADES after Tyson schooled him because he was ashamed to show his face in public, thinking people would make fun of him. Truth is, people still had respect for him - look at WHO it took to beat him! - but he wasn't thinking that at the time.

It's not always about the money bro.

Comment

Hamed is on record saying he felt disgraced after losing, to the point he didn't even bother training for his last fight. Repeatedly said he regrets retiring, but was so ashamed of losing the way he did he wasn't thinking at the time.

Spinks went into literal hiding for DECADES after Tyson schooled him because he was ashamed to show his face in public, thinking people would make fun of him. Truth is, people still had respect for him - look at WHO it took to beat him! - but he wasn't thinking that at the time.

It's not always about the money bro.
        take a look at spinks walking to the ring.
        yes, its always about the money bro.

Comment

wow fighter of the decade and only at #6. this is what you call racism. ggg #1 and broner #6. thats 6 times more racist

Comment

When was Ring credible? When Nat Fleischer was plagiarizing Richard Fox or when Golden Boy bought the the operation and put Ronda Rousey on the cover?

I like Ring but it isn't a bible.

Comment

take a look at spinks walking to the ring.
              yes, its always about the money bro.
              No, no it's not.

If it WERE about the money, Riddick Bowe wouldn't have ducked Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas would not have accepted what appeared to be a death sentence for pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                When was Ring credible? When Nat Fleischer was plagiarizing Richard Fox or when Golden Boy bought the the operation and put Ronda Rousey on the cover?

I like Ring but it isn't a bible.
                Ring was considered boxing's Bible from the 1920's until the mid 70's and it took over a decade to regain its credibility .

Golden Boy buying in thou IMO killed almost of of its credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Ah, that is another ridiculous ranking I forgot
                  Yeah probably because that never happened either.

Rios was never top 10 P4P.

Comment

No, no it's not.

If it WERE about the money, Riddick Bowe wouldn't have ducked Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas would not have accepted what appeared to be a death sentence for pennies.
                    If it WEREN'T about the money, Bowe would have fought Lewis (Lewis wasn't a big money fight). Everyone wanted the Tyson fight, including Douglas. Because of money.

Comment

If it WEREN'T about the money, Bowe would have fought Lewis (Lewis wasn't a big money fight).
                      Lies. That fight was huge, which is why Bowe got flack for trashing the belt. It was clear fear. If it was only money, Bowe would have taken the payday and a dive.

Everyone wanted the Tyson fight, including Douglas. Because of money.
                      Again, lies. Majority of guys that wanted Tyson were because they flat out didn't like him. Everyone else was either a mandatory or a replacement. Douglas got nowhere near a big payday because he wasn't a draw. He took the fight because he had nothing to lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X