Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury Rematch Purse Bid is Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury Rematch Purse Bid is Postponed

Any promoter holding out hope to win a purse bid hearing for the ordered rematch between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury will have to wait at least one more week-and likely to watch the fight taken off the table. The World Boxing Council (WBC) officially postponed a scheduled February 5 purse bid hearing dedicated to Wilder-Fury II, upon the request of both sides who are believed to on the doorstep of finalizing terms for their highly anticipated sequel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Robbie be like see wilder doesn’t wanna fight!

Comment

Maybe Robbie Barrett was right for once

Comment

No surprises at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          Maybe Robbie Barrett was right for once
          Logical if you think about it. Fury came away looking like a winner and Wilder escaped with his belt. They're waiting until Joshua signs another fight (because they don't want the pressure to take a Joshua fight), then they will announce they can't come to an agreement and go their separate ways.

Comment

Wilder should make sure this fight gets made else he would made out asa dosser, a joke and his many fan girls would go bury their head in shame!

Comment

Lol purse bid. I'll be surprised if this goes to a purse bid. I can't see either side wanting that & I don't feel that either side has THAT much upside in doing so nor does either side have THAT much upside in not bending to the other sides requests about things they've still failed to see eye to eye on thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Lol purse bid. I'll be surprised if this goes to a purse bid. I can't see either side wanting that & I don't feel that either side has THAT much upside in doing so nor does either side have THAT much upside in not bending to the other sides requests about things they've still failed to see eye to eye on thus far.
                Be funny has hell if it does and either Goldenboy or DAZN wins it.

Comment

This fight will happen. There is too much money to be made by both Fury and Wilder by having a rematch. The one caveat though is if there is a backstage negotiation by either Wilder or Fury with the Joshua camp. Maybe though not likely that is what is happening.

Comment

The funny thing is everybody can give no fuk about this WBC "sanctioned" purse bid because Fury isn't a mandatory contender so this is just smoke and mirrors by Suleiman.
                    In fact, even if there is a bid where Wilder's promoter wins and Fury decides to disagree, he can just leave without any consequences as long as he doesn't sign the contract after this purse bid.

This is so funny how this farce is legit only in fighting sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X