No announcement yet.

Hitting the heavybag without a break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Go wait by the mailbox for your welfare check you bloated imbecile.
    Well let's see who's lying here... I'm bringing in close to 8 grand a month alone... Post your video, I'll post my pay stub

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Well let's see who's lying here... I'm bringing in close to 8 grand a month alone... Post your video, I'll post my pay stub
      I definitely can't the bag like that anymore. I'm getting old. Once again you're digging up things from years ago and acting like they just happened.

Stick to the present, Chocha.

Comment

I definitely can't the bag like that anymore. I'm getting old

We're the same age, chump. I'll show you my bag work and pay stub. You do the same. Deal?

Stick to the present, Chocha
        We're presently talking about a deal. Are you down or are you just all drunk talk?

Here's your chance with me. Let's see what you got.

Comment

[/B]

We're the same age, chump. I'll show you my bag work and pay stub. You do the same. Deal?

We're presently talking about a deal. Are you down or are you just all drunk talk?

Here's your chance with me. Let's see what you got.
          I can't hit a heavy bag for 20-30 minutes without stopping anymore. You're saying you can?

Comment

I can't hit a heavy bag for 20-30 minutes without stopping anymore. You're saying you can?
            Show me your bag work and pay stub. I didn't say nothing about 20-30 min

Comment

Show me your bag work and pay stub. I didn't say nothing about 20-30 min
              For what? You don't believe I've ever thrown a punch before?

Comment

For what? You don't believe I've ever thrown a punch before?
                Had your chance and you blew it. So long, clown

Comment

Heavy Bag

Lately I've been doing that, I'll go straight through the break, hitting the bag for 20-30 minutes straight.

Is this good for building stamina or am I just tiring myself out unnecessarily?

If you can go 30 mins straight you're either A. lying, B. have great stamina or C. using no power.

A. Stop Lyiiin' cuh cuh

B. If your stamina is top notch, it's top notch. You'll have breaks in sparring, so you will have an advantage over opponents. Maybe increase your work rate as far as punches thrown, angles, slips and feints to make sure your getting the most out of bag work.
                  Here's my routine (w/30 second breaks)
                  - Jab-Straight with 8 LB weights and pivots
                  - Speed focused round
                  - power focused round
                  -speed focused round
                  -power focused round
                  -angle/technique focused round
                  repeat 1x
                  I usually mix it up the last two rounds.

C. Well bravo. Looks like you have great conditioning. I would just incorporate more power and also take some rounds to work on feints. Power shots will tire you out. Double jab combos are a must for bag work.

Comment

Lately I've been doing that, I'll go straight through the break, hitting the bag for 20-30 minutes straight.

Is this good for building stamina or am I just tiring myself out unnecessarily?
                    Calling BS, unless you are doing touches etc or throwing 20 a minute or less you aren’t doing 30 minutes of going to town on a heavy bag unless you are actually Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                      Calling BS, unless you are doing touches etc or throwing 20 a minute or less you aren’t doing 30 minutes of going to town on a heavy bag unless you are actually Mayweather.
                      Taha can do 40 minutes, easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X