Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd came out of retirement and beat Pac or Canelo,would he be the greatest ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    hopkins was still a top fighter at that age. i guess hopkins is just better than floyd.
    Your idea would make Hopkins the GOAT & better than anyone who ever stepped into the ring

Comment

Beating Manny would prove nothing. he already did that.

Beating canelo would be huge, but, be realistic, Canelo cant`t go back to 154, he is a huge middleweight now. he would massacre Floyd at 160. Floyd would finish in hospital in he fought this version of Canelo.

Comment

Without argument??

The ladyboys would literally say
        "Floyd waited for Canelo to get old before giving him a rematch "

I can honestly see myself reading that on these forums

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          a manny rematch is pointless. Floyd schooled a better version of manny 5 years ago. It would increase Floyd's longevity, but he already has that.

Schooling Canelo again would enhance his legacy. Why. Because Floyd would be doing it all the way up at middleweight. And Alvarez is prime now.
          when did that happen? you mean the fight in which pac landed the much cleaner harder shots and floyd never had any leverage on the few clean punch/taps he did land? oh yeah what a schooling. sticking your arm out as a measuring stick and lightly grazing your opponent constitutes a clean punch now? pac was rocking his head around with leverage. i think that fairly constitutes a clean punch.

also factor in usada was on sight and sat there watching him get an unapproved IV 14 times the legal limit because he had a "physical condition" lol a vague way of saying nothing is wrong but I just want to cheat. what was the condition? we know he wasn't dehydrated. 3 pounds? then they doubled down and gave him a tue 3 weeks after the fight still never knowing why he needed that IV besides his "physical condition"

he stlll looked like hot garbage even after cheating and even after usada stopped manny from using the perfectly legal toradol. so they sat there and watched floyd do something illegal while stopping pac from doing something legal and you dont question the validity of the fight?
          Last edited by daggum; 07-22-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Your idea would make Hopkins the GOAT & better than anyone who ever stepped into the ring
            well actually joe smith is the greatest of all time because he beat hopkins.

Comment

when did that happen? you mean the fight in which pac landed the much cleaner harder shots and floyd never had any leverage on the few clean punch/taps he did land? oh yeah what a schooling. sticking your arm out as a measuring stick and lightly grazing your opponent constitutes a clean punch now? pac was rocking his head around with leverage. i think that fairly constitutes a clean punch.

also factor in usada was on sight and sat there watching him get an unapproved IV 14 times the legal limit because he had a "physical condition" lol a vague way of saying nothing is wrong but I just want to cheat. what was the condition? we know he wasn't dehydrated. 3 pounds? then they doubled down and gave him a tue 3 weeks after the fight still never knowing why he needed that IV besides his "physical condition"

he stlll looked like hot garbage even after cheating and even after usada stopped manny from using the perfectly legal toradol. so they sat there and watched floyd do something illegal while stopping pac from doing something legal and you dont question the validity of the fight?
              In other words-Floyd won the fight, I am upset, so I will find a way to denigrate the win rather than just give Floyd credit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Floyd beat Canelo and Manny by wide, wide margins. The scoring wasn't close. Beating them again wouldn't elevate him any higher than he already is.

I do think he would get more credit for beating Canelo now at Mw given his age and Canelo being so much bigger
                I think the scores for the Mayweather-Pac fight were 116-112, 116-112 and 117-111 for Mayweather. That's a solid win but not by a wide, wide margin or a shutout or a schooling as Floyd fans and Pac haters so often say. Two judges gave Pac 4 of the 12 rounds so he not all that one sided.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think the scores for the Mayweather-Pac fight were 116-112, 116-112 and 117-111 for Mayweather. That's a solid win but not by a wide, wide margin or a shutout or a schooling as Floyd fans and Pac haters so often say. Two judges gave Pac 4 of the 12 rounds so he not all that one sided.
                  Did you watch the fight? Did you give Manny more than 3 rounds?

2 judges had it 116–112 and the other 118–110. So that is 8-4, 8-4 and 10-2. That is pretty wide-winning double the rounds on 2 cards and 5 times the rounds on another.

I think you are confusing the shutout talk with the Canelo fight where many felt it was shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Keith won 4 rounds

The judges gave Keith anywhere from 5 to 7 rounds

Floyd won 9 or 10 rounds in his fight with manny. That's pretty damn wide

From memory manny earned rounds 4 & 6 and possibly one more in the 2nd half

Comment

Personally, win or lose I don't think that it moves the needle all that much one way or the other. It's either you love Money May or hate him. He shall always remain a controversial and polarizing figure no matter what he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X