Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Makes Promotional Pact With Top Rank Official

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good move. bob arum is setting his company up nicely for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      lol please explain to me how Arum "blackballed" Rigondeaux. Bob got him an HBO main event slot in Atlantic City right after he beat Donaire against Agbeko. Of course it sold no tickets because Rigondeaux is a boring as **** fighter with no fanbase. Blame Arum doe.
      did you saw the fight? For the first time in his career, agbeko was running.

Comment

lol please explain to me how Arum "blackballed" Rigondeaux. Bob got him an HBO main event slot in Atlantic City right after he beat Donaire against Agbeko. Of course it sold no tickets because Rigondeaux is a boring as **** fighter with no fanbase. Blame Arum doe.
        After Rigondeaux's biggest win (against Donaire) Arum made noise publicly about how it wasn't an engaging fight. Instead of talking up the win and trying to spin it positively for the fighter he was supposed to be promoting.

I hope Robeisy Ramirez is aware of that because that old snake will throw him under the bus too at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          After Rigondeaux's biggest win (against Donaire) Arum made noise publicly about how it wasn't an engaging fight. Instead of talking up the win and trying to spin it positively for the fighter he was supposed to be promoting.

I hope Robeisy Ramirez is aware of that because that old snake will throw him under the bus too at the drop of a hat.
          rigo needed to hear that sucks for him that he didn't listen to arum if he did his career would have turned out differently. after the donaire fight arum gave rigo a main event slot against the action fighter agbeko and rigo stunk out the joint out worse than he's ever done lol. people were walking out during the fight and it was the lowest watched fight in HBO boxing history lol. That's not arum's fault no matter how much you hate him I bet the bobfather banged your mom back in the day in one of those wild orgies he used partake in LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
            rigo needed to hear that sucks for him that he didn't listen to arum if he did his career would have turned out differently. after the donaire fight arum gave rigo a main event slot against the action fighter agbeko and rigo stunk out the joint out worse than he's ever done lol. people were walking out during the fight and it was the lowest watched fight in HBO boxing history lol. That's not arum's fault no matter how much you hate him I bet the bobfather banged your mom back in the day in one of those wild orgies he used partake in LOL.
            After the Donaire win Bob Arum should have talked the guy up and sold him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's what the piece of shit was being paid to do, after all. Not badmouth him in the media.

And get off my nuts already, groupie. I wasn't even talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

It was a boring fight though. I don't blame Rigondeaux completely for that because when you get two counter punchers together it rarely produces a ton of excitement.

Comment

Yeah it was Arum's fault that Rigondeaux could not turn his excitement factor up a notch.

A promoter can only do so much. A pro fighter has to do his stuff on the ring to get the fan's attention.

Problem with Rigo is that the amateur mentality is deeply ingrained in his mind, i.e. a win is win, no matter how boring the fight it is. That obviously did not work in the pros because talent is just a part of the equation.

Comment

Top Rank picking up these amateur studs. Love it!

Here's hoping the kid gets fast tracked to a championship. I assume they'll be starting the kid off at 115?

Comment

It was a boring fight though. I don't blame Rigondeaux completely for that because when you get two counter punchers together it rarely produces a ton of excitement.
                    Robeisy Ramirez has the same amateur mentality and comes from the same Cuban system as Rigondeaux.

I just hope Arum doesn't do him dirty like he did to Rigo.

Comment

I’m glad that he’s turning pro while entering his prime. Rigo didn’t get that chance until he was further up there in age.

Comment

Working...
                      X