Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo's Mexican boxing fans punish Canelo more for not fighting Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    all these fools are just making up scenarios for what PPV success should be...

Cotto has more years branded than Alvarez and has an impressive resume moving up in weights... He fought Floyd 1mil+ PPV.... Puerto Rican fans are BIG supporters in boxing.

Cotto was going for the LINEAL title against Martinez. 350K. ... for whatever theories we want to play with..

How is that Cotto Martinez "bombed?"
    Good points.
    Canelo literally draws higher numbers that I predict, every time. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and Canelo has proved me wrong repeatedly. These posters can't seem to come to terms though...
    The cool thing about being honest is that you don't end up making stupid threads and defending them in futility.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
      Yeah Canelo-Smith did good live attendance at Cowboys (Mexicans live in or near Texas ) but did a lower-than-expected PPV buys.

In contrast Pacquaio at Cowboys did around 40k in live attendance and also good PPV numbers (1.1M buys and 800k buys).
      Just looked it up. Pacquiao did 1.4 million against Margarito and 700K against Clottey. Both were in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Interesting how you once again avoided the relevant point here, the point that makes your whole thread look stupid. Trying to distract by bringing up Mexicans and Pacquiao doesn't fool anyone.
        Why do you guys get so squirmy when faced with fundamental facts. His ppv numbers are reflective of his opposition. Does that statement scare you or something???? Lol
        I mentioned Mexican fans since if you look around the audience at Cowboys that night, you see the majority are Mexicans. It's a fact that bulk of Canelo's fan base is Mexican (of course).

Ok so you think Canelo would either fight Jacobs or Saunders on May 2017 in order to stop further punishment?
        Last edited by SceneBoxer; 09-24-2016, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Just looked it up. Pacquiao did 1.4 million against Margarito and 700K against Clottey. Both were in Dallas.
          Ok and around 40k live attendance.

Comment

all these fools are just making up scenarios for what PPV success should be...

Cotto has more years branded than Alvarez and has an impressive resume moving up in weights... He fought Floyd 1mil+ PPV.... Puerto Rican fans are BIG supporters in boxing.

Cotto was going for the LINEAL title against Martinez. 350K. ... for whatever theories we want to play with..

How is that Cotto Martinez "bombed?"
            I think when it comes to boxing PPVs, Mexican fans are the no. 1 buyers especially if it's on Mexican holidays (May/Sept.).

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
              I think when it comes to boxing PPVs, Mexican fans are the no. 1 buyers especially if it's on Mexican holidays (May/Sept.).
              Definitely. Mexicans love boxing. Great history of little boxers, no disrespect. Mexican American culture is big with it. Even when Floyd fought, many Mexican American households bought into it.

"Vamos a ver al Mayweather...la pelea.." Ask Zaroku.

Mexican TV did 40+ mil views for May vs Nelo.

Comment

600k and sell out against Khan and 300k and 50,000+ against a complete unknown, he's doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  lol, you are such an ankle biter. I don't even know who Glasser is, other than having heard his name here (unless it's Jay Glaser, I actually worked out with him before). I saw something around 300k posted yesterday and even commented that it was more than I estimated. I'm not on here all day, on my knees servicing my favorite boxer so I don't have an "agenda" in regard to Canelo. I thought this one would bomb and called the Smith fight a mistake. Try to wrap your head around that.

^There's some interesting math. Wondering what Bando thinks of that. Lemme guess, he'll avoid dealing w/ the heart of that subject.
                  You're just so slimy, it triggers my gag reflex every time

Let me clue you in, and that lame troll you're cheering on. In the US the promoter gets about 45% after the distributors and the network producing it take their share. In the UK sky is both the distributor and the producer, and the promoters share is far greater, per Hearn 75% iirc

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

600k and sell out against Khan and 300k and 50,000+ against a complete unknown, he's doing just fine.
                    My source listed 460k for Khan and 280k for Smith.

I think if Canelo will not fight Golovkin in his next fight, his PPV number will plummet further.

Comment

Definitely. Mexicans love boxing. Great history of little boxers, no disrespect. Mexican American culture is big with it. Even when Floyd fought, many Mexican American households bought into it.

"Vamos a ver al Mayweather...la pelea.." Ask Zaroku.

Mexican TV did 40+ mil views for May vs Nelo.
                      Yeah Mexicans know their boxing and they don't like it when Canelo is still not fighting Golovkin. So they start punishing Canelo by not buying his PPV fight.
                      Last edited by SceneBoxer; 09-24-2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X