Pritchard Colon has a severe brain bleed after today's fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danm hope he recover well and doesnt effect his life or career from this

Comment

Sad to hear, but of proof of the consequences to taking a beating in the ring. Hope this gives the people, who get on fighters' case for quitting, food for thought. I also hope that his life isn't greatly hindered due to injuries suffered.

Comment

get well mate

Comment

From Univision

El púgil de origen boricua se sintió mal después del combate, tuvo mareos, vómito y desmayos, por lo que fue llevado a un sanatorio.

Se dio a conocer vía El Vocero, periódico puertorriqueño, que Colón tenía un sangrado en el cerebro y fue operado de emergencia.

Ricardo Colón, hermano de Prichard, pidió en Facebook que oraran por su familiar.

He had to have emergency surgery and his brother is asking people to pray for him
          He was dizzy, lightheaded, vomited and passed out

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            Sad to hear, but of proof of the consequences to taking a beating in the ring. Hope this gives the people, who get on fighters' case for quitting, food for thought. I also hope that his life isn't greatly hindered due to injuries suffered.
            I didn't see the fight bit most people here were saying he was getting hit illegally in the back of the head

Comment

damn, this are bad news. hope he gets through

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                I didn't see the fight bit most people here were saying he was getting hit illegally in the back of the head
                he turn around and got hit his fault

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Not saying it only happened this way in Colon's fight but if fighter A turns their back to fighter B on the inside you can't really fault anyone. It happens.

We just normally don't see this happen post-fight even when they do happen in other fights occasionally. Young (and old) fighters don't deserve to be put in this spot.
                  If it's inside wrestling guys get turned around and yeah you kind of can fault someone hitting in the back of the head is illegal , it's not like he ducked to avoid a shot

Comment

I knew there was something wrong with him after that crazy rabbit punch, Prichard was not acting right after it. For does who thought he wanted out by using all of his recovery time we all now know that it was beyond serious.

Got to give it to him as he came out to fight after that but his body could not take it anymore.
                    It was an act of God not allowing him to come out on the 10th round because that would have finished him.

Praying for a quick recovery.

Comment

fucking scary ****.

This is why it annoys me when people are quick to call a fighter anything after they quit. You just never know because you aren't the one getting hit. All I can do is hope he pulls through and takes a long layoff from the sport. He's young so maybe he has other avenues to get into once he pulls through.

Crazy.. I think him fighting 5 times this year.. and 4 times since April hasn't helped either.

Comment

Working...
                      X