Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs might cash his lottery ticket!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    Briggs can beat Wilder though.
    wilder would knock briggs out within 3 rounds. wilder wouldnt be able to miss him with a punch and hits plenty hard enough to get him out of there

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      wilder would knock briggs out within 3 rounds. wilder wouldnt be able to miss him with a punch and hits plenty hard enough to get him out of there
      It would be the best opponent he ever faced!

I dunno, Briggs has taken some beatings, his chin could be as solid as Stiverne's.

I feel Wilder's punch might not be hard enough to do the job on Briggs either.

It would be one of his best wins if Wilder COULD though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        It would be the best opponent he ever faced!

I dunno, Briggs has taken some beatings, his chin could be as solid as Stiverne's.

I feel Wilder's punch might not be hard enough to do the job on Briggs either.

It would be one of his best wins if Wilder COULD though.
        briggs is slow as hell anymore and throws about 10 punches per round. as terrible as he was when he fought vitali hes even much worse now. wilder would hurt him badly and early. wilder has alot of flaws but power and hand speed isnt two of them

Comment

This Molina guy isn't much better than old Briggs. At least the fight would have some buzz around it and Briggs would take his cash and shut up afterwards.

Comment

I was about to say Wlad should not give him a pay day as he is nowhere the top 10, but i just check and the WBA actually rank in him the top 5

Seeing who Wilder is fighting, i would have much rather seeing him fight Briggs, than Molina. Much better build up, good fight for Wilder to be taken in by the American public after he K.O Briggs.

Comment

Musclehead fake

What does this say about the state of the heavyweight division when we're even talking about Briggs getting a title shot. He's a big, slow loudmouth lug who shows up at new conferences instead of building a reputation in the ring. I though he retired years ago quite frankly because of asthma and all the beatings he received. Tell the muscle head to try the WWE .......

Comment

Unfortunately for Briggs (but fortunately for boxing fans) the hw climate is such, that it's unlikely he'll get a title shot in the near future. WBO/WBA/IBF champ Wlad is looking for fights against Fury and Wilder and has Glazkov as a mando; WBC champ Wilder is tied up with Molina and then Povetkin.
                So, in my estimation, it's not likely that Briggs will get his title shot, unless, he earns it by fighting some high risk opponents - which we've seen is not likely.

Briggs could be fighting guys like Lucas Browne or Manuel Charr - guys that he's capable of beating and that would give him a higher ranking but for some reason he's hesitant of fighting

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                  What does this say about the state of the heavyweight division when we're even talking about Briggs getting a title shot. He's a big, slow loudmouth lug who shows up at new conferences instead of building a reputation in the ring. I though he retired years ago quite frankly because of asthma and all the beatings he received. Tell the muscle head to try the WWE .......
                  It doesn't say anything about the heavyweight division really. Wilder isn't the real champion and Briggs fell off the map years ago (it does say a lot about the reluctance some Americans have to watch divisions with foreign champions but that's another topic...).

But if you're gonna have a domestic/sideshow title fight in ****house Alabama who better than Briggs? He could ride to the ring juggling on a unicycle and make it a good sideshow. Eric Molina lost by KO 1 in his debut fight then lost by KO 1 to Chris Arreola. This should be another KO 1.

Comment

Briggs-Fury would be a great fight. Just imagine the press conferences, with Fury going mental and Briggs getting up in his face.

Then they step into the ring.....I don't think Fury could put Briggs to sleep; if Vitali couldn't do it then no one could.

Either picture Fury writhing on the canvas in agony, or see Briggs' face damaged beyond recognition.

Bring it on.....this would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Unfortunately for Briggs (but fortunately for boxing fans) the hw climate is such, that it's unlikely he'll get a title shot in the near future. WBO/WBA/IBF champ Wlad is looking for fights against Fury and Wilder and has Glazkov as a mando; WBC champ Wilder is tied up with Molina and then Povetkin.
                      So, in my estimation, it's not likely that Briggs will get his title shot, unless, he earns it by fighting some high risk opponents - which we've seen is not likely.

Briggs could be fighting guys like Lucas Browne or Manuel Charr - guys that he's capable of beating and that would give him a higher ranking but for some reason he's hesitant of fighting
                      Testing, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                      X