Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austin Trout should move up to middleweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Trout should move up to middleweight.

From what I remember he's a big guy at junior middle. He's already fought the best at the weight and isn't going to get any big money staying there. Middleweight is also a worse division and Trout could rejuvenate his career with some wins there. If he wants a rematch with Alvarez, what better way than moving up and picking up some big wins?

Plus middleweight is worse than 154. Obviously Trout wouldn't beat Golovkin, but he could beat a lot of the best fighters a division up. I'd pick him over Quillin, and he already beat Cotto. A Cotto rematch for the MW title would be good money for Trout.

I don't even think his chin would be a huge issue. Quillin hits hard, but a lot of middleweights don't hit as hard as Alvarez or Lara or Kirkland.

Don't know about quillin.... Could crack that chin if he lands

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Quillin was getting outboxed by rosado. I think trout could outbox him pretty easily.

Comment

i saw him in vegas, and he didn't look like a huge junior middleweight to me. i wouldn't suggest moving up if he doens't have to.

he doesn't have great power, or a great chin. even more than range and physical strength, these are the things guys have a hard time dealing with as they move up in weight.

his style isn't awful for fighting bigger guys, but i don't trust his power or chin.

Comment

that said, i didn't catch his fight last night.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            that said, i didn't catch his fight last night.
            He dominated a punching bag, pretty much, but he got dropped twice in the 3rd. The chin isn't looking too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Of course, but I think Quillin would either have to knock Trout out or drop him 6 times like N'Dam, otherwise Trout would win. I'd pick Trout.

Comment

He's been knocked down 4 times in his last 3 fights. Quillin probably knocks him down several times, probably out.

Comment

I agree. 160 is perfect for him

Comment

Who is Trout signed to?

At 154 he could face the Charlo(s)

I think Vanes is also open for a fight at 154/160

Then there's Tapia and Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
                    X