Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Vegetarian?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year I was a semi-vegetarian and honestly I lost a lot of mucsle even though I was working out hard and getting my required protein intake. Now I'm eating meat and my body is great.
    Last edited by Trigger unhappy; 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I'm personally a pescetarian 90% of the time. I do this mostly for health reasons - I think it's generally healthier than purely plant-based diets or omnivorous diets that rely more on meat - but I also do it for some ethical reasons as well. I am quite picky about where I get my fish from and only buy it from operations I approve of. And admittedly I find the deaths of fish to be less of a moral dilemma for me personally. I also include byproducts like dairy or eggs.

It's really up to you whether you find the killing of animals for food to be unacceptable. A lacto-ovo vegetarian diet is certainly capable of being nutritionally sufficient with proper planning. Veganism is where you begin to run into big problems.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Vegans are usually the nuttiest ppl you know. They are also associated with all those conspiracy theories that you hear out there.
        Exactly Tim Bradley is a vegan and look at him he actually convinced himself he beat Pacquiao

Comment

Vegans actually aren't the nuttiest. That title actually belongs to fruitarians.

See "durianriders" on youtube, leader of the "30 Bananas a Day" website/cult.

Comment

i dont respect any man who doesnt eat meat.

sorry that's just how i feel.

people have gotten way too uppity with food. i understand eating healthy but to take to such extremes is a life not worth living.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post

people have gotten way too uppity with food. i understand eating healthy but to take to such extremes is a life not worth living.
              There are very large vegetarian populations and there have been for a long time. Vegetarianism is not an "extreme".

Veganism (the avoidance of all animal products) is extreme.

Comment

vegetarian here. if you ever want any advice on maintaining or gaining on such a diet let me know. and people who say you can't don't know s hit. as others have said, look at Bradley, he's more ripped than any of the deniers ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                  Always been a meat eater (no ****)

Been thinking about Vegetarianism for a while now. For both moral and health reasons.

Anybody care to share their experiences?

Tell me what I need to consider. Any tips and advice.

I am awaiting the intelligent and level-headed advice I know I'll get. But I am more than aware I will get some "Real men eat meat lalalalala vegetarian is for pussies blah blah blah" responses

But if nothing else that will provide some scope for debate.

So let's have at it.
                  Been vegetarian for almost four years now. I actually switched cold-turkey after watching a documentary entitled, "Earthlings." It's a pretty heart breaking documentary so watch at your own risk.

On another note, I find that the biggest instigators of meat eating debates are actual meat eaters. I can't tell you the endless amount of encounters I've had where people find out that I'm a vegetarian and then attempt to tell me why my diet is wrong. (mind you, when I do decide to rebuttal some of their claims, I'm automatically labeled as some cult loonie) It gets annoying but you learn to deal with it. Be prepared to hear this from friends and family alike.

In terms of actual nutrition, don't let anyone tell you that being a vegetarian is bad for you. Most of the people that say this are just parroting what they hear from others and have never tried it themselves. Try it out for yourself first and see how you like it. Yes, it is a change but it's not as hard as people make it out to be. To be honest, I had cravings for certain meat dishes a few months in but now I've lost all cravings for meat. Call me crazy, but I don't miss it at all.

Going vegetarian doesn't mean sacrificing your soul. You can still eat pretty much the same **** you've been eating (minus the meat). With any diet however, make sure you you do it right. Sure you can be a vegetarian and eat nothing but pizza, veggie burgers, and fries all day but don't think you're going to get any nutritional benefit out of it.

I definitely feel a lot better, have put on muscle, and am the strongest/fastest I've been since I made the switch.

Hope this helps bro. PM if you want to discuss more in private.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post

You Sir are a fool. I don't respect people who don't respect people that don't eat meat.

Comment

if you do just make sure to take a B12 supplement... you dont want to get pernicious anemia.

Comment

Working...
                      X