Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Does Marquez Rank ATG/P4P if he Dominates/KO's Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Does Marquez Rank ATG/P4P if he Dominates/KO's Bradley?

Where would you rank Marquez on ATG and on current p4p list if he dominates and/or KO's / destroys Bradley?

He should already be at least #3 on most respected p4p lists. Dominating Bradley makes him a clear #2. Bradley himself doesn't do much to add to his ATG status, but the 5th division title does, and it would reaffirm that Marquez is great outside of the Pac wins, which people seem to doubt for some reason.

Comment

P4P #2, ATG in terms of ..... what? Overall? I dunno probably in the 50ish range.

Comment

i think it will put him in the top 3 mexicans of all-time, with chavez and sanchez,,,,,

I think it would allow him to maybe crack the top 100, but not sure,, boxing has a long history, and jmm could compete in any era but i doubt he would have had the success he had in today's era in the previous eras,,,

in the early 80s at featherweight you had gomez, sanchez and nelson, at lightweight you had arguello, 140 there was pryor, 147 hearns, srl, duran..
        I dont think jmm could beat any of those mentioned,, he could beat a mancini and those type fighters but he would be hard pressed to do the accomplishments he has done in a different era

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He should already be at least #3 on most respected p4p lists. Dominating Bradley makes him a clear #2. Bradley himself doesn't do much to add to his ATG status, but the 5th division title does, and it would reaffirm that Marquez is great outside of the Pac wins, which people seem to doubt for some reason.
          here's another question to you and everyone. Where would the Bradley win rank amongst Marquez's wins? Would it be #2 most significant win after Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
            here's another question to you and everyone. Where would the Bradley win rank amongst Marquez's wins? Would it be #2 most significant win after Pacquiao?
            I'm not sure. Similar to Diaz or Casamayor. Maybe others think better or worse of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
              def would be #2

1. manny
              2. bradley
              3. diaz
              4. casamoyer
              5. mab

Comment

I'm not sure. Similar to Diaz or Casamayor. Maybe others think better or worse of it.
                you realize how old casamayor was when marquez beat him. Also Bradley KTFO Casamayor. Yes he was old but it still looks a certain way on the record

Comment

I don't believe Marquez has ever won a title at 140. This would be his 4th division unless he won at Jr feather. I am not sure off the top of my head.

On topic. If he wins I would place him number 1 Mexican of all time based on accomplishments and resume. All time greats I don't know I never really cared about that since the list is super long. But number 1 Mexican, top 5 of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                    I don't believe Marquez has ever won a title at 140. This would be his 4th division unless he won at Jr feather. I am not sure off the top of my head.

On topic. If he wins I would place him number 1 Mexican of all time based on accomplishments and resume. All time greats I don't know I never really cared about that since the list is super long. But number 1 Mexican, top 5 of his era.
                    He's WBO champ at 140. It's paper, but it counts.

Comment

Working...
                    X