No announcement yet.

Danny garcia vs Marcos maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Architect View Post
    That fight was literally 20 months (almost 2 years ago), what elite talent has Theophane fought since Garcia? Theopane was 30 years old and Garcia was 22, and since that fight who has fought the better competition?

@Theophane
    Yeah, and Garcia should have LOST his unbeaten record that night

he shouldn't have even been in the ring with old man morales and glass chinned khan.

Go watch the fight, 20 months ago garcia looked the SAME as he did against Khan and Morales, he hasn't "evolved" as a fighter, he was just in that night with an unorthadox guy with a good chin, and he got outboxed. He was landing that "crispy left hook" he was "timing" and Theophane took that left hook and told Garcia to **** off and gave him a flat nose.

Thats his level man, as soon as he fights a good boxer with a solid chin, he's getting taken to school

People still talk about khan getting ko'd by prescott, when he was YOUNGER than Garcia was back then.

Crispy boy gets no free pass from me.
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 12-13-2012, 05:01 AM.

Comment

not sold on garcia yet. good left hook and timing to go with it but his overall game looks comical. would love to see his heart and soul get checked by maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        not sold on garcia yet. good left hook and timing to go with it but his overall game looks comical. would love to see his heart and soul get checked by maidana.
        Thankyou.

As I said above, it has been proven that a solid chinned fighter with at best "decent" defensive skills in Ashley Theophane was able to resist the "unstoppable force" that is Garcias left hook, and bloody Garcia up pretty good.

Also, Khans pitter-patter punches had garcia busted up after only a couple rounds

How he's going to do Maidana when he has no inside game, no jab, no movement is beyond me.

Apparently all he needs to do is stand there and wing the left hook and he'll ko anyone

I think Maidana gets inside on Garcia where he can't "time" his left hook, and gives him a good old fashioned thrashing.

Maidana vs Ortiz all over again, except frankly Garcia isn't as good as Ortiz

Comment

Easy win for Garcia

Comment

I'd say it would be a good fight....no wun no"s if Garcia can take a good shot on the jaw....I recon maidana lands at least 1 flush shot

Comment

Garcia is slop, but he easily beats Maidana. They are both extremely limited but Garcia has accuracy and at least some defense, enough to clearly win. It's a bull***** fight anyway, since Maidana hasn't earned it with two tune up fights. However, it would be entertaining and I'd be sure to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                Why, because kahn beat Maidana ?

Because he is rubbish & not beaten anyone worth a damn.
                Hes just a slow, plodding brawler who beats up on C & the odd B level guys.

Garcia is better in every area than him, I'd even say his power was on par. Everytime Maidana steps up he losses. He had lucky escapes against an old, faded as hell Morales and a completely shot Corley.

Just one of those painfully overrated fighters. Overrated due to he has decent power and zero defense, people like this and find it exciting.

Next time he steps up he gets his ass whipped. I honestly think the way to beat that guy with severe ease is go to the body. He hates being hit to the body.
                Don't go to a guy like that's chin, go straight to the body. Its weaker than Enzo Macrinelli's chin.

Comment

Easy win for maidana...he can't take el chino punches

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Maidana by brutal KO

Garcia must plant his feet, and eat punches in order to "time"

Maidana will have a field day brutalising him, you cannot "take punches" off Marcos maidana. And that's garcias MO

offer maidana your chin, even for one round, and you are a dead man

I fear for garcias life in this one
                    Goofiest **** I ever read. Garcia would gameplan the **** out of that predictable, lumbering zombie and clown him with feints and counters. And, I say that as someone has little faith in Garcia. You guys watch Maidana fight a hack and you start hearing "Eye of the Tiger".

Comment

Garcia outboxes Maidana early, maybe even dropping him. The longer the fight goes the stronger Maidana will appear to get but Garcia holds his own and wins a close unanimous decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X