Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez: What does he have to do for you to consider him an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez: What does he have to do for you to consider him an ATG?

I was thinking of 154 Floyd fight obviously. The problem with that is even if he wins, Floyd was a former 130-135 pounder. 154 is far from Floyd's best weight.
    Considering Sergio's age, if he can effectively make 154, I will give him a lot of credit for beating Cotto or Canelo though.

Can he become an ATG by beating Gennady and a few guys like Quillien/Pirog?
    Last edited by Jel; 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM.

i think his best chance of money and fame is to move down to 154, his best chance to be all time boxing great is too move up and attempt a fight against a bigger fighter... very dangerous for him i know, but a good win there settles his legacy i think. Theres not much else for him at 160

Comment

he needs a Marquee HOF fighter on his resume he has none at least off the top of my head he has none, I dont even think he has an elite fighter on his resume all b+ fighters.

Comment

sweep 160, something he won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          i think his best chance of money and fame is to move down to 154, his best chance to be all time boxing great is too move up and attempt a fight against a bigger fighter... very dangerous for him i know, but a good win there settles his legacy i think. Theres not much else for him at 160
          Like who? Say he beats Froch. Will you consider him an ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            he needs a Marquee HOF fighter on his resume he has none at least off the top of my head he has none, I dont even think he has an elite fighter on his resume all b+ fighters.
            he might only have b+ fighters on his resume but he definitely has elite wins, ie. the way hes dispatched with b+ fighters with so much ease... his ko in 2 rounds with Williams was sensational at the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
              Like who? Say he beats Froch. Will you consider him an ATG?
              yeah, wouldnt you?

Comment

He needs to fight and beat Ward to be an ATG

Comment

I think Pavlik and Paul Williams were close to elite at the time he beat them though.
                  World Class is what? Top 10
                  Elite is: champion/former champion- top 1-3
                  A case could be made that both Pavlik and Williams were 2 of the 3 best MW'S at the time Sergio beat them.

Comment

he can go 2 routes.

beat 2 guys: mayweather and ward.

or beat a whole bunch of other people: cotto, golovkin, geale, quillin, and froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X