No announcement yet.

How do you guys warm up for fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    I just do some dynamic stretching, or if i have room to run around (usually don't) I do this Russian warmup. Then I shadowbox and do pads in like 45 sec to one minute bursts with rests of about the same inbetween. Then I stay loose and bouncing around a little while I'm waiting near the ring or whatever.

How about you guys?
    Exactly the same tbh

Ive boxed twice in the same place once and both times I didnt warm up at all. The floor for away fighters was slippery as hell. I couldnt barely hit the pads, bounce.. nothing

Won both of them though lol

Comment

Normally, two fights prior I tell my guys to go stretch out, fight before, I pick a spot where other corner cant watch and I talk to my fighter about what we're gonna do, combos, deffense, moving, whatever, during some light mitt work. I try not to give them too much information.

Comment

Oh yeah.. I normally start warming up slow a hour before

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          Oh yeah.. I normally start warming up slow a hour before
          1 hour? imho, you should be eating and resting then. you fight 3x2mins rds?

Comment

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
            1 hour? imho, you should be eating and resting then. you fight 3x2mins rds?
            Yeah bro, normally get there 3/4 hours before tbh. Get weighed in, see the doctor. Relax for a bit, watch one or 2 bouts { depends where i am on the card list }. About in hour away from bout, put gear on and slowly loosen up.

Comment

I like to say I don't warm up, I just loosen up.

Nothing too tiring. No skipping, no pads, no real shadowboxing. Just bounce around a little bit, stretch especially my legs cause they often feel tight, and then throw some half assed punches in the air to loosen up my arms.

I'll only be sweating if it's really hot. Done this for my last several fights and felt better then when I would do a serious warmup of skipping, shadow, pads etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
                I like to say I don't warm up, I just loosen up.

Nothing too tiring. No skipping, no pads, no real shadowboxing. Just bounce around a little bit, stretch especially my legs cause they often feel tight, and then throw some half assed punches in the air to loosen up my arms.

I'll only be sweating if it's really hot. Done this for my last several fights and felt better then when I would do a serious warmup of skipping, shadow, pads etc.
                I dont really like hitting the pads before a fight, only for a round probs and thats it

like to shadow n skip

Comment

I like to do some light sparring to get your reactions in check with the pads and without just light taps to boost the confidence and get your mind ready for getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                    I just do some dynamic stretching, or if i have room to run around (usually don't) I do this Russian warmup. Then I shadowbox and do pads in like 45 sec to one minute bursts with rests of about the same inbetween. Then I stay loose and bouncing around a little while I'm waiting near the ring or whatever.

How about you guys?
                    I go through a little routine with my guys.

First I stretch them fully, arms, legs and back. Then we go over what we want to do for this certain opponent with the mitts.

work mitts for a few minutes, low intensity just so he can get a good sweat and that happens right before we walk to the ring.

I also suggest guys rest, sleep, lay down a few hours before hand and drink water hours before to keep well hydrated. Some kids are too hyper to sleep though, and when they are new they don't know about nervous energy.

Comment

Working...
                    X