No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: The Best On The Mic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    Mayweather's competing with those guys. Don't think for a moment that those guys don't want Mayweather to fail. Mayweather's extremely vocal about how he believes he's better than Leonard, Ali, Robinson, all of them... they'd love for him to lose.

I'm pretty sure Hank Aaron didn't want his HR record to be broken especially by guys with speculation swarming around them.
    Why would they mind. As it stands now Manny is a bigger threat then Floyd to surpassing them. Ask anybody, experts, media, fighters, fans. Most will say, as far as legacy is concerned, Manny > then Floyd. If Floyd retires now that is what it will be. If Floyd beats Manny on the other hand, then he would be a real competition for surpassing their greatness. Why would they coax floyd into fighting Manny by saying he is ducking him. if you believe as most fans do, including me, that Floyd is the favorite, I predicted Floyd by UD in a close one, but also see it the other way, why would they want that fight? It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
      Why would they mind. As it stands now Manny is a bigger threat then Floyd to surpassing them. Ask anybody, experts, media, fighters, fans. Most will say, as far as legacy is concerned, Manny > then Floyd. If Floyd retires now that is what it will be. If Floyd beats Manny on the other hand, then he would be a real competition for surpassing their greatness. Why would they coax floyd into fighting Manny by saying he is ducking him. if you believe as most fans do, including me, that Floyd is the favorite, I predicted Floyd by UD in a close one, but also see it the other way, why would they want that fight? It doesn't make sense.
      It's laughable to believe that considering those guys fought when 15 round bouts at full weight limits for championships were around.

Coax...? Why would Arum, Pacquiao, and Roach lie about agreeing to drug testing and keep raving about how Mayweather's "ducking" yet not try to put the bout together that's been asked for and instead opting for anyone not named Mayweather?

I don't care who you predict because Pacquiao hasn't agreed to testing when that's the lone issue that's prevented this event from happening since day one. Also, it's kind of hard to predict one winner when you "also see it the other way."

Comment

Roy needs to take some damn english lessons. Sad when you have people from different countries who speak better english than roy and many other southerners.

Comment

Roy is my dude and Id be happy if they brought him back permanently, but he could have mentioned the 9lb weight difference about 100 less times in the Ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Vato View Post
            Roy needs to take some damn english lessons. Sad when you have people from different countries who speak better english than roy and many other southerners.
            well, look how *****s and pinoys talk. filipinos speak better english than this guys lol

Comment

I was really enjoying Roy as commentator hope they keep him around.He sounded a bit like Samuel Jackson I think thats why I liked him haha.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
                Last night Khan-Maidana Roy Jones was on point as usual. While Lampley and Merchant were celebrating every punch Khan threw Roy was pointing out all of the good shots Maidana was landing. He even predicted the overhand right catching Khan's jaw and causing problems. It was exactly the punch that turned the fight to. Roy is consistently good calling the action, even back in the late 90s when he first started he was impressive.
                yeah man, he is great commentator.
                first time i seen him was pacman-morales 1, and he comment the last round beautifully.

Comment

Roy has never failed, I wonder why it took so many year for HBO to fire Lewis and bring back Roy.

Comment

now roy jones has become RJ!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X