Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao shouldn't stay at Welterweight if he isn't gonna fight Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fugu View Post
    Noway they can sell a Cotto v Manny fight again.
    And Pacquiao already said he has no interest in fighting Foreman.

A spinks fight is possible.
    If Foreman beats Cotto he will fight Foreman. Yuri would have a bigger name and also be undefeated and it would be the easiest fight that can be made to get his 8th title.

Don't believe that hype about Foreman being too tall. He is not worried about that.

Comment

Originally posted by fugu View Post
      a JMM fight needs to be at lightweight for me not to throw up. To settle the score at 140+ would be ****ing ridicoulus.
      I agree with this. He can only fight JMM at 135 anything higher = no credit.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        I would be OK with Foreman if Foreman beat Cotto.

Personally I wouldn't give him credit for Cotto. But, at the same time I hear a lot of complaining about the 145 catch-weight. Some people act like Pac only beat Cotto cuz Cotto was drained being at 145.

So a fight with Cotto at 154 will take that excuse away.
        I dont really think Cotto was drained. It might have affected him to a small degree but stylewise Manny is just bad for him and he is not as good as he was pre margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          Not to me it wouldn't, because the damage to Cotto from the first fight has already been done.
          Foreman is not a bad fighter though bro. Foreman should win that fight. I don't see how Cotto can win. But, if Cotto does win IMO it would mean that Cotto is not as damaged as some people might think.

Comment

Foreman is not a bad fighter though bro. Foreman should win that fight. I don't see how Cotto can win. But, if Cotto does win IMO it would mean that Cotto is not as damaged as some people might think.
            Youre thinking like me, Foreman could very well win this fight.

Comment

Foreman is a good fighter? Based on what? He only has 8 KOs in 20 something fights and the best win on his resume is an old Daniel Santos. He's got more to prove to me, and Pacquiao will get it from me if he goes in that direction.

Comment

Because who else elite can he fight there that the public would get excited about? Berto? Mosley coming off a loss? Unless he wants to fight the upcoming prospects which he wouldn't get any credit for. Since he is complaining about being too small for Floyd then he should go back down to 140 and fight the Bradley-Maidana winner or Devon Alexander.

But here is where Pacquiao contradicts himself badly. He says he's too small for Floyd Mayweather, but yet calls out fighters like Yuri Foreman and Antonio Margarito. I say if he's big enough to fight those guys, he can call out Paul Williams too.
                cosigne brother!

yo did you hear this ol school track floyd put out for manny?

Comment

I agree with this 100%, I expect Cotto to get beat down pretty bad. However if he wins the fight legitimately and can control the action and not run and retreat through the middle and late rounds, he will do alot of good for dispelling the damaged goods tag. Problem is that even if he does win any attempt made by Top Rank or Pac to even try to pull that **** would be taken as an outright miscarriage of the integrity of the sport. They refused Foreman but will willingly fight a guy that they melted down and beat at WW, then they will say we need 150 but for that belt though **** again...Easy fix is take the test and shut everybody up and make some money.

Comment

Foreman is a good fighter? Based on what? He only has 8 KOs in 20 something fights and the best win on his resume is an old Daniel Santos. He's got more to prove to me, and Pacquiao will get it from me if he goes in that direction.
                    That in the bold means nothing. Pep wasn't a KO artist, Calderon isn't a KO artist. That does not mean they're bad fighters. Now I am not putting Foreman in that company. But, my point is that just cuz you have a low KO percentage does not mean that you're not good fighter.

Foreman has some solid wins in his resume. Yes he has no great wins but has solid wins like Karrass and Thompson. Again not great but solid. And, then you add a Cotton win that could be another solid win. And, every single one of his wins it has been decisively.

And, he has a style that Pac hasn't fought in a awhile. With his size and style could give Pac problems. Is not that bad of a fight for Pac for his first fight 9th weight-class where he won his first championship

Comment

Because who else elite can he fight there that the public would get excited about? Berto? Mosley coming off a loss? Unless he wants to fight the upcoming prospects which he wouldn't get any credit for. Since he is complaining about being too small for Floyd then he should go back down to 140 and fight the Bradley-Maidana winner or Devon Alexander.

But here is where Pacquiao contradicts himself badly. He says he's too small for Floyd Mayweather, but yet calls out fighters like Yuri Foreman and Antonio Margarito. I say if he's big enough to fight those guys, he can call out Paul Williams too.
                      Tim Bradley wants Pac to take the tests at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X