No announcement yet.

So called boxing fans hate seeing fighters punched I'm the face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
    All I care about is Winning. I dont think a baseball fan cares, if his team Wins the game by 10-0, with lots of home rums, or by 1-0 with a late, 8th inning single base hit, as long as the team he supports, Wins the game. I dont think a football fan cares if their team Wins the super bowl by 28-0, or if his team kicks a late field goal to Win a close game as long as they Win.
    In Boxing, I like my 2nd round KO's, but I also enjoy A Close, competitive, 12 Round Boxing Match. Variety is the spice of life. Just Win, baby.
    I have to disagree with the football analogy. I've watched the rules of the sport evolve into something favoring an offensive shootout rather than a defensive battle. Rules about hitting the QB, rules allowing OL a little more leeway to hold, rules about covering recievers. People (at least Americans) want action, excitement, scoring (KOs in boxing). There's a reason that basketball (100pts per game) is much more popular in US than soccer or hockey (2 pts per game)

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      A mix of Beethoven and Rage against the Machine... works for me
      I feel sick even revealing this, but its therapeutic, i used to watch gatti v ward with commentary muted and Rage agaisnt the machine on full blast.

Im fully reformed now, i have downloaded Rigondeaux's entire professional and amateur fight catalog and play it to Beethoven extended symphony number 5.

Comment

all of it is boxing, the science, the footwork, using the sing, the dirty fighting, wars, technical chess matches... etc... its all boxing, what is the big deal?????

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          I have to disagree with the football analogy. I've watched the rules of the sport evolve into something favoring an offensive shootout rather than a defensive battle. Rules about hitting the QB, rules allowing OL a little more leeway to hold, rules about covering recievers. People (at least Americans) want action, excitement, scoring (KOs in boxing). There's a reason that basketball (100pts per game) is much more popular in US than soccer or hockey (2 pts per game)
          Not always. A 1-0 "pitchers duel" in baseball can be as exciting if not more than, a 12-11 sluggfest. Even in football, I wouldn't have a problem with a 7-3, defensive-type game. In Boxing, I like Floyd's style, and I like Deontay Wilder's style. Totally different, but variety is the spice of life.

Comment

Working...
          X