Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime: "If Al Haymon Wins GGG vs Jacobs bid, we'd do it on Regular cable not PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would probably have about as many viewers either way

Comment

I can't wait until Monday to see how it pays out.

Comment

Make it happen on Showtime doe. HBO, ESPN, Fox, who tf cares where and which network?

Comment

Keyword "TRY" , he said he would try to put it on regular showtime and not showtime ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            I really hope this doesn't go to Showtime. They have absolutely ABYSMAL viewership, it would be an absolute waste putting a fight like this on there.

Not to mention I don't have Showtime.

Now you're talking. This would be amazing for boxing.
            Nice way to try and really bury the lead there, lol.

Pay the fee to get the channel for a month (to catch the fight and the promotional video) or look for a means to try and steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Put it on PBC and you'd really have something to excite boxing fans.
              That honestly would be the best thing for boxing.

Comment

I hope its on PPV. I want this to flop, so Triple Flop aka Triple She can be remembered as Mr. 97k for life!

Comment

As a fan, I wish it was on regular Showtime rather than HBO ppv, 100%!

But read between the lines - is Showtime going to drop $6mill on a Golovkin fight so that he can come onto their network, KO Danny Jacobs, and go back on HBO??? What kind of investment is that?

To me I see this, and either Showtime is expecting Haymon to subsidize the fight to meet it's price line or they're blowing smoke.

Comment

Working...
                  X