Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara Fight To Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I guess because Lara didn't look spectacular like he did against Paul Williams, Canelo shouldn't fight him. This just made Canelo-Lara more interesting though. I still favor Lara to beat Canelo, but I use to think it was 100% no doubt. It's a lot more interesting now. But honestly, I still want to see Canelo fight Cotto, if he beats Trout.

Comment

• Ugly ending. I'll bet the rematch was already being set before Lara and Martirosyan made it back to the dressing rooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I disagree on a few.

Round 1: Lara. Quiet round, but Lara's ring generalship and the left hands to the body won him the round.

Round 2: Vanes. Another quiet round, but Vanes semeed to have basically out worked Lara, though Lara still landed more punches.

Rounds 3-5: Quiet rounds, but Vanes hardly landed jack s**t. Even the few counters Lara landed were better and more clean than anything Vanes did. I gave Lara these rounds, he should have gotten 2 of the 3 at least.

Rounds 6-8: All Lara. The 6th was only close in the opening part of the round when Vanes opened up the cut on Lara. The majority of the round, Lara was tattooing Vanes with the left hand over and over, especially near the end. Rounds 7 and 8 were all Lara.

Going into the 9th, it had to be 7-1/6-2 Lara. Vanes landed like 3-4 punches that meant anything the whole night. Lara consistently landed the cleaner punches.
        I really wanted to score round 4 a draw, but I was trying to see how the judges saw it. Lara won more rounds decisively imho, and by my card, should've gotten the decision even if I gave the 10-10 round to Vanes (which wouldn't make sense anyway). I really want a rematch, both guys seemed to be full of nervous energy and their offense wasn't flowing. I was so pissed that the fight ended on a head clash cuz it seems like Lara was starting to settle down a bit.

Comment

• keep your fingers crossed we don't get a rematch of this boring fight.

Comment

• I had this fight 88 to 84 for for Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              keep your fingers crossed we don't get a rematch of this boring fight.
              A rematch needs to happen. Hopefully it's not a main event next time.

Comment

• somebody needs to tell these cuban fighters that they aren't fighting in the olympics anymore. Seems like they have all this talent and athleticism and all they want to do is potshot.

If you look at the final punch stat it looks like that of an amateur fight. I had lara up 1 point when the fight was stopped , but he didnt fight a very entertaining fight or a very brave fight. He was scared to engage , not throwing many combinations , too patient and too cautious. He did not look very comfortable fighting that type of fight.

Lara had the speed and enough pop to completely outwork and outclass Vanes.
                Last edited by MODAPHUKA; 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Guess the Lara the destroyer hype can be put to bed......

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    keep your fingers crossed we don't get a rematch of this boring fight.
                    Yeah Man! i second that!

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                      Yeah Man! i second that!
                      So I'm guessing you won't be betting on Vanes again if they have a rematch?

Comment

Working...
                      X