No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara Fight To Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
    if vanes would have continued to fight i would have a become a fan of him. but vanes keeps proving he is is crap.
    Did he even have a choice? It seems like the doctor stopped the fight.

Comment

• Vanes came out the gate very strong. I wouldn't argue if someone gave him the first 3 rounds.

The turning point in the fight was the low blow and when Lara started fighting dirty (i.e choke hold). This obviously pissed Vanes off and he began fighting off emotion and nerves. He started rushing in carelessly and getting caught.

Simply put, Lara capitalized on this mistake. He started catching Vanes at will and I think it was only a matter of time before Vanes ran into something big and got caught; possibly being stopped.

Vanes did better than I thought he would do in the beginning, but let his emotions get the best of him.

Personally, I wasn't mad at the draw. Vanes won early, but the momentum shifted to Lara. At the time of the stoppage I could see it being a draw.

That said I knew this was going to be a boring fight, but it was due to the movement of Lara. That's just his style and I knew this going in. Hopefully Canelo gets in the mix at 154.

Comment

• Didn't see the fight but from the sounds of it, neither guy seems to have impressed. I like Lara and was expecting him to have a great night v Vanes, obviously that didn't work out. Where does this leave a possible match up with Canelo? I think Alvarez is being built as Floyd's next opponent so noway is he going near any live 154lb fighter.

Comment

• i thought lara was robbed only had vanes winning 1 round (maybe 2) up until the fight was stopped...

Comment

• It is just me, or is Canelo Alvarez the luckiest man in the world?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
              i actually think vanes won this fight, and whats up with laras dirty tactics?
              Serioous?? Based on what??

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                how? he kept clinching and would duck most of the time?
                Duck?? That's called executing his game plan. Was Lara supposed to make Vanes fight? Lara landed the cleanest punches all night.

Comment

• That's the third cut for vanes' left eye this looks like the beginning of the end for his career minus his bum opponents in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman760 View Post
                    Lara was the better man. He was playing w/ dumb azz Vanes. Lara would've eventually KO'ed Vanes.
                    what fight were you watching? No tall slick fighters fight. Dude was running and running. That's not a plan but fear of mixing it up

Comment

• Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
                      this means canela will have a excuse to keep ducking
                      oh come one. you really think these guys have a chance against Canelo? All we ask of fighters is to go get your spot when given a chance. Lara for one has failed a couple times already. He should have one against PWill but he should have lost against Molina. I mean who is he to keep getting chance after chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X