No announcement yet.

Defense Against A Flurry Of Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Against A Flurry Of Punches

Hi, I'm New To This Forum, and im sure that this has been covered many times before, but i cannot seem to find it anywhere so sorry. Also I would like a responses to my own problem.

So here it is:
    How do you defend from a flurry of straight punches ? Preferably methods in the Ring or in the street if you have any?

Thankyou

Pivot and block..............

Comment

block it wid ur face....

Comment

The best defence against a flurry of punches is to run quickly and dive through the nearest set of ropes. Then, when you land outside the ring, lay on the ground in the foetal position and cover your head with your hands, whilst making loud sobbing noises. At this stage your opponent will almost certainly have stopped throwing punches and will just be standing there staring at you, which gives you the opportunity to climb back in the ring, reset, and start again.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by incessanity View Post
          Hi, I'm New To This Forum, and im sure that this has been covered many times before, but i cannot seem to find it anywhere so sorry. Also I would like a responses to my own problem.

So here it is:
          How do you defend from a flurry of straight punches ? Preferably methods in the Ring or in the street if you have any?

Thankyou
          Watch Watson vs Benn-youtube.

Learn what Wason did for a few rounds against the bombs from Benn.

Comment

the hard way:
            move you head, change levels, move you feet and fire back.

the easy way:
            fire the left hook.

for the easy way see jones-griffin1 or byrd-gotta

Comment

Originally posted by incessanity View Post

So here it is:

Thankyou
              And don't forget when your opponent has only offense on his mind, is when he may be open for the KO himself. But block, slip what's coming at you.

Unless you have a LaMotta chin, don't exchange at least not early in your career. And your opponent may also tire out as did Benn vs Watson. One of the greatest examples of weathering the storm from a great bomber and then KOing him!

And welcome to this forum. I am sad that the low life here just insulted you instead of welcoming you. They may be kidding in part, but it's poor behavior which is all too prevalent here.

Good luck with your boxing.

Comment

Well thankyou for your replies Barnburner, Mr.Thraz and Physiker with great methods and explanations. I will try to put all these things into action when i get in the ring

A Special Thanks to Physiker for the Welcome to the forum, and again I am sorry to the people, who i may have irritated, with my question, i didnt mean to by any means.

I thought this was a great place, when i had seen all the great knowledge amongst all the people here, shown indefintely here.

- Thankyou

Comment

quickly moving back is the best way
                  or quickly intercept with a straight or cuffing hook

Comment

Movement.

Step off the line, change angle and loose off some of your own.

Comment

Working...
                    X