Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone prove that the uncanny hate Al Haymon receives is not due to racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone prove that the uncanny hate Al Haymon receives is not due to racism?

Don King was basically spot on in his assessment, but of course the masses came out and said otherwise and made up a bunch of crap about why they dislike Al Haymon and his boxing ventures.

It's the same reasoning with people who say they don't like Broner and Mayweather because of their "flamboyance, ego, and demeanor" yet they also find every reason in the book to dislike Bradley, Ward, BHOP and others.

Why can't people, or boxing fans rather, just admit why they really don't like Al Haymon? I mean who in their right minds would hate on watching quality boxing on free TV? Who?

You will never prove it to some people. They grew up in a very limited, sheltered geography and are narrowly obsessed with proving their own oppression.

Like meth heads out in the desert are always obsessed with UFOs.

Al himself went to Harvard. He isn't so sheltered and knows everything is about money. Golden Boy isn't suing him because he's a brotha.
    Last edited by ////; 07-19-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

People aren't "hating" you idiot we're just criticizing his matchups but Haymon fanboys cry whenever something bad is said about his management and you guys scream "RACISM!! RACISM!!"

Focking idiots don't understand criticism these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        People aren't "hating" you idiot we're just criticizing his matchups but Haymon fanboys cry whenever something bad is said about his management and you guys scream "RACISM!! RACISM!!"

Focking idiots don't understand criticism these days.
        The criticism has been raging on even when the good fights like Lucas/Danny, Broner/Porter, Danny/Peterson, LSC/Mares, Maidana/Broner and so on were made. How long will they criticize him for?

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
          You will never prove it to some people. They grew up in a very limited, sheltered geography and are narrowly obsessed with proving their own oppression.

Like meth heads out in the desert are always obsessed with UFOs.
          True, racism cannot be stopped and will always be a part of our (human) culture but it's best when we just admit to it rather than hide it.

Comment

I think a lot of it has to do with his connection with floyd...

Floyd draws a lot of heat and trolls the boxing fanboys.. The fanboys let their hate of floyd spill over to haymon... All haymon has done is get his fighters paid and brought back major boxing to free tv...

I got no complaints against the guy, though I have no doubt some hate him just because he is black or because of floyd, or both...

There really isn't any legit reason to hate on haymon...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
              The criticism has been raging on even when the good fights like Lucas/Danny, Broner/Porter, Danny/Peterson, LSC/Mares, Maidana/Broner and so on were made. How long will they criticize him for?
              Aside from his matchups did you notice how all those guys you mentioned are/were Haymon managed? People also want him to let his fighters face guys he doesn't manage but he keeps 90% of his fights in-house.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I think a lot of it has to do with his connection with floyd...

Floyd draws a lot of heat and trolls the boxing fanboys.. The fanboys let their hate of floyd spill over to haymon... All haymon has done is get his fighters paid and brought back major boxing to free tv...

I got no complaints against the guy, though I have no doubt some hate him just because he is black or because of floyd, or both...

There really isn't any legit reason to hate on haymon...
                Lol I like how you take the high horse after spewing all of that racist garbage the other day in the lounge. You didn't seem so tolerant the other day. Just check my sig for some of your quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Aside from his matchups did you notice how all those guys you mentioned are/were Haymon managed? People also want him to let his fighters face guys he doesn't manage but he keeps 90% of his fights in-house.
                  That was the point, to name good Haymon involved fights. Of course he's an in house guy, he has all of the good talent!

And Arum and Oscar are both suing him for hundreds of millions! Who would work with someone suing you for that much???

Comment

find me one boxer/promoter or heck a star in anything.
                    who is not hated on..... you cant

Comment

Working...
                    X