Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Bernard Hopkins get a pass for his overt racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Bernard Hopkins get a pass for his overt racism?

"I would never let a whiteboy beat me"

"Listen this ain't a racial thing, but then again, maybe it is. But the style that is embedded in most us black fighters, that style could be a problem to any other style of fighting."

"Maybe I'm biased because I'm black"....

All Soapy quotes.

What would happen if Adamek or the Klitschko's said this, or how bout Pavlik?

And why doesn't the media and the people doing these interviews with this racist call him out on it?

Is this a clear double standard here or what?
    spicypotato spicypotato likes this.

Originally posted by INJECT View Post

"Listen this ain't a racial thing, but then again, maybe it is. But the style that is embedded in most us black fighters, that style could be a problem to any other style of fighting."

All Soapy quotes.

And why doesn't the media and the people doing these interviews with this racist call him out on it?

yea sounds like a big double standard to me.

Comment

Because nobody cares about Hopkins. There's no double standard. When Mayweather (who's black for those that haven't noticed) says race related things, the media and the fans lose their fucking minds.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post

All Soapy quotes.

In my honest opinion, I don't really find what he said racist, since he really didn't attack a certain racegroup and/or other culture. He's really mainly talking about his own race. He is, as he says, just being "biased." But that's just me.

Comment

Black people can't be racist LOL. If Calzaghe was to say,'I'll never let a black man beat me', that would be racist because he's white.

Comment

"I will never let a white boy beat me" was hype. Same with the Puerto Rican flag thing with Trinidad.

Also, he's right. Pacquiao has never fought an African American fighter. So bu your logic you're saying BHop can't pick/root for Black fighters because he's black? So I can't root for Mayorga because I'm Hispanic? This is nonsense. By using your logic it means Filipinos can't root for Manny. So obviously they're all racist.

Comment

like *******s and double standards. no ******* should talk about double standards, ever

Comment

Everyone also forgot Ali's racisim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
                  In my honest opinion, I don't really find what he said racist, since he really didn't attack a certain racegroup and/or other culture. He's really mainly talking about his own race. He is, as he says, just being "biased." But that's just me.
                  The first quote is definitely racist. The second and third are him projecting superiority over other races.

Also racist.

Its the same thing skinheads do.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Black people can't be racist LOL. If Calzaghe was to say,'I'll never let a black man beat me', that would be racist because he's white.
                    That's true.

He would probably never fight again if he said that.

Comment

Working...
                    X