No announcement yet.

A Ready to Roll James Toney vs Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ready to Roll James Toney vs Roy Jones

Do you believe that that fight would have been explosive if James had not shown up so drained from making weight. He had nothing in there against Jones and that was the reason...…..Rockin'

Being completely outclassed has nothing to do with drainage, son.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Being completely outclassed has nothing to do with drainage, son.
      What???

I can only assume that you have never fought a day in your life...…..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        What???

I can only assume that you have never fought a day in your life...…..Rockin'
        - -Had a long TUE after the weighin.

Fact: ate his way out of every division he was in including heavy.

When IBRO updated their top 20 all time ratings, he never cracked the ratings in any division or p4p.

Last fight I watched him in, Oquendo rolled him outta the ring like a beer barrel.

Then the time Rahman jabbed him such that his momentum waddled him backwards in slomo until he collapsed the ropes on the other side of the ring, a single jab!

Then all the times he cleaned out a salad bar-Top 20 p4p those nites!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Had a long TUE after the weighin.

Fact: ate his way out of every division he was in including heavy.

When IBRO updated their top 20 all time ratings, he never cracked the ratings in any division or p4p.

Last fight I watched him in, Oquendo rolled him outta the ring like a beer barrel.

Then the time Rahman jabbed him such that his momentum waddled him backwards in slomo until he collapsed the ropes on the other side of the ring, a single jab!

Then all the times he cleaned out a salad bar-Top 20 p4p those nites!

James liked to eat, can't argue with that. But have you ever had to cut weight?

The IBRO??!!?? LMFAO!!!

And everything else that you stated is simply IRRELAVANT concerning this fight.

Have you anything relevant to add about this fight?..…..Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 08-03-2020, 03:07 AM.

Comment

James liked to eat, can't argue with that. But have you ever had to cut weight?

The IBRO??!!?? LMFAO!!!

And everything else that you stated is simply IRRELAVANT concerning this fight.

Have you anything relevant to add about this fight?..…..Rockin'
            - -I coulda whooped him.

Always been faster, quicker, and far better shape, and more importantly, I have a special thing for bullies which is all he ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -
              Always been faster, quicker, and far better shape, and more importantly, I have a special thing for bullies which is all he ever was.
              Oh reeeeaaallllllyyy? Tell me more...…...Rockin'

Comment

As much as I think Roy Jones Jr. is overrated, he did present a troublesome stylistic style matchup for Toney. So although I think he would have performed better under different circumstances, I don't think he could have overcome Jones' speedy pot shots. I don't know how he deals with that knowing how he usually fights.

Comment

Do you believe that that fight would have been explosive if James had not shown up so drained from making weight. He had nothing in there against Jones and that was the reason...…..Rockin'
                  Its very sad that we will never know the answer to this. So Rockin...as a former fighter, what do you think about being a counter puncher against Jones? To me Jones would always take those skills away because of his speed. Thats a lot to lose considering how much Toney depended on those skills.

But Toney could do so many things, and its hard for me to believe that something did not hinder him for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Its very sad that we will never know the answer to this. So Rockin...as a former fighter, what do you think about being a counter puncher against Jones? To me Jones would always take those skills away because of his speed. Thats a lot to lose considering how much Toney depended on those skills.

But Toney could do so many things, and its hard for me to believe that something did not hinder him for that fight.
                    I absolutely hated when a guy was faster than me. So what do I do? I turn it in to a brawl. James had no energy to brawl it out because of the weight loss. It's tough to see a slowed world class athlete, Toney, try to catch another fast as hell world class athlete, Jones.

In the ams the fast guy for me was Corey Johnson, so each time I turn it in to a brawl. And it worked 2 out of 3 fights against him. But the fights were definately frustrating, to say the least. But if you're properly prepared you can forge your war forward. James was unable to do that in his condition with Jones. ...…… Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X