Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: My Main Goal Is To Get To Caleb Plant; That's Fight Fans Want The Most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez: My Main Goal Is To Get To Caleb Plant; That's Fight Fans Want The Most

David Benavidez considers a 168-pound title unification fight against Caleb Plant the most makeable, meaningful matchup for him in the foreseeable future. The 23-year-old Benavidez is further from the Plant fight than he would prefer due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The unbeaten WBC super middleweight champ just hopes to get through his optional title defense against Alexis Angulo on Saturday night and then his mandated defense versus Avni Yildirim as soon as possible, so that his showdown with Plant can be put together.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's the fight I wanna see at 168. I think they should a super 6 type thing with Nelo, Benavidez, Plant, BJS, Smith and a wild card to see who's who in the division.

Comment

Sorry David..

Caleb is busy on the bum marathon tour.. he wants no parts of credible opposition..

Comment

Benavides V's Canelo is higher on the list of fights people want to watch. I would say that Plant has a big mouth, so I'm sure people wouldn't mind watching Benavides or Canelo smash that mouth.

Comment

Why didn't he just fight his mandatory now, instead of Angulo? The 2 opponents I want to see fight Benavidez are Plant and Canelo! However, Benavidez is fighting 2 fights I (and most fans) do not want to see! I also think that if Jermall Charlo beats Dervy, he should go to 168 and fight Plant or Benavidez!

Comment

So he was talking all that noise knowing he had a mando?

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
              Sorry David..

Caleb is busy on the bum marathon tour.. he wants no parts of credible opposition..
              It’s comments like these that make one wonder if being dropped on the head at birth is actually a thing. After winning the title he fights an undefeated fighter who he KOs. He then fights a 32-2 fighter on a 10 fight win streak with 28 KOs.

During this run the following boxers all had opponents lined up in contracts and fought.
              Benevidez
              Dirrell
              Canelo
              Blow Job Saunders
              Ryder
              Smith

So, please enlighten us genius on who he was exactly supposed to fight that meets “your approval.” Maybe save face and leave the thread. You obviously haven’t been watching boxing for long to know so little.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Why didn't he just fight his mandatory now, instead of Angulo? The 2 opponents I want to see fight Benavidez are Plant and Canelo! However, Benavidez is fighting 2 fights I (and most fans) do not want to see! I also think that if Jermall Charlo beats Dervy, he should go to 168 and fight Plant or Benavidez!
                Bernavidez vs Charlo seems inevitable, that is of course, provided Charlo can convincingly beat Derevyanchenko.

Comment

Benavidez is my man! Other Canelo, David he's the best 168 pounds in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
                    Bernavidez vs Charlo seems inevitable, that is of course, provided Charlo can convincingly beat Derevyanchenko.
                    It has to happen in 2021. Don't know how long Benavidez will be @ 168?

Comment

Working...
                    X