No announcement yet.

Dissapointing year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Respectfully,do you watch the sport outside of the big names?

Too many posters judge the sport based solely on what is going on at the very top. You can't just look at the "1%" to judge the sport.

Been some really good fights this year, Huck lost, matts/provo, wilder/stivernne.

I think maybe you should check out some smaller cards and you will be pleased.
    I agree with your assessment that people mainly only pay attention to the top fights. But the top fights is what keeps the sport in the masses mind. If the top fights suck then the masses think the sport sucks and the sport goes nowhere.

Lower level fights are what drive me and get me to love the sport. There is more heart, more desire and more determination there.

BTW do you watch lower level fights, Huck, Provo and wilder are all part of the top 1%. You need to watch the up and comers on the Spanish channel, espn pre-PBC, small time show near you. Those type of fights bring out the esscents of the sport.
    Last edited by boxinghead530; 10-02-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

great year of boxing,,,what are you talking about?

Comment

Year has been great so far.

Comment

Can't say I agree with you there.

Comment

Disagree think its been a really good year so far.

Comment

Good year, next will be even better.

Comment

Good year of boxing, with more to come before the year is out. Stay tuned!

Comment

there were lots of great fights this year but it all went down the drain when this so called sweet science (hug, clinch, potshot, run around the ring and boxing is a bidniz) style of boxing almost destroyed the sport.

i'm pretty sure, starting this month the sport of boxing will be back!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Respectfully,do you watch the sport outside of the big names?

Too many posters judge the sport based solely on what is going on at the very top. You can't just look at the "1%" to judge the sport.

Been some really good fights this year, Huck lost, matts/provo, wilder/stivernne.

I think maybe you should check out some smaller cards and you will be pleased.
                    I watch a ton of smaller cards as well as the big fights and everything in-between and I can say wholeheartedly 2015 has been a poor year. There have been some good fights made but for the most part those didn't deliver and for whatever reasons, there just haven't been real good/entertaining fights. I mean, if you have to include Wilder vs Stivernne as one of the highlights of the year, my god we're in trouble!

The year isn't over of course and there are some good fights & cards coming up, this month is full of potential (GGG v Lemieux, Roman Gonzalez v Brian Viloria, Matthysse v Postol, Broner v Khabib) and obviously more after that like the entire awesome Russian card November 4th and Canelo vs Cotto.

There are only a couple of fights worthy of a nomination Fight of the Year which normally wouldn't even come close.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      great year of boxing,,,what are you talking about?
                      The only thing that makes this year great is knowing that it's mayweathers last. So on that front yes it's a great year. Fights wise, there been many dudds and handful of decent fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X