No announcement yet.

Matthysse on Fighting Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthysse on Fighting Provodnikov

Its in Spanish but pretty good, much better than his interviews in USA. Maybe he feels more comfortable. Basically he says they trained very hard for the fight. He then explains that he just couldnt stop Ruslan that he beat him very hard for the first seven rounds and that didnt stop him, he got tired but he thinks the fight went well. He insists he hit Ruslan a lot but he still took it. He got caught with a good hand on round 11 adn felt it but recovered quickly. His plan all along was to use the jab, he explains that he didnt get his hand hurt, that the gameplan was to jab a lot all along. He says he thought the fight wouldnt last that long becuase of how much he was connecting, but again surprised by the Russians resilience. After 7 or 8th round Ruslan cmae out against with the second wind, Matthysse says he was asking himself how do I stop this guy, but stuck to the gameplan and it turned out well.

Thanks for breaking it down. He fought almost a perfect fight.
    Without the jab it would of been very different. Oscar would be jacking off watching the replay footage.
    We all know oscar loves a good solid jab!!

But seriously though that jab along with his movement controled the fight!

Comment

Matthysse is such a classy honest dude

Comment

Man, i wanna Garcia rematch, he will beat the **** out of him.

Comment

This is a more realistic interview. The whole "he didn't stop him cos he hurt his hand" cries were all fantasy. Lucas was visibly tired early on from the activity level needed to keep Ruslan at bay, which got him into trouble at spots but ultimately he was in control for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            This is a more realistic interview. The whole "he didn't stop him cos he hurt his hand" cries were all fantasy. Lucas was visibly tired early on from the activity level needed to keep Ruslan at bay, which got him into trouble at spots but ultimately he was in control for the most part.
            At some point I think I saw him explaining in other interviews that he did hurt his hand, but not hurt as in fractured or seriously injured, just hurt from punching Ruslan so much (its a translation thing, where "hurt" (lastimar) can be just a bit of pain or something more serious) what I get from this interview is that he felt he was hitting him a lot and just surprised by the punishment Ruslan could take without going down, so he just stayed with the gameplan rather than try to finish him. I suppose that being the hard puncher that he is he was just surprised that the guy was still standing after taking so many of the blows that would have KO other opponents based on his own experience.

Comment

I felt a tremendous amount of emotion throughout this fight. Seeing the resilience of Ruslan and his ability to keep fighting despite all the punishment he was taking is truly something to be admired. And Matthysse fought a great fight as well. He stuck to a brilliant game plan and deservedly got the decision. I scored it 7-5 Matthysse. Great night of boxing. This is what boxing is about. This is what we tune in for!!!!!!!!!

- Bermuda
              Last edited by Bermuda; 04-21-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X