Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Promotions future after Mayweather retires. Read more...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If some how thurman can get the big names and enuff push ...he could be looked at a mini Tyson ...then GBP has conelo and Broner (if he bounce back correctly) .....but I believe stack cards will be the future

Comment

GBP/SHO will do well after Mayweather retires. Right now
      most of their funds go to Mayweather fights. Little is left
      for regular fights. Remember, networks are not there to
      attract PPV buyers. They're there to attract subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
        Canelo and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. have the most potential to be the biggest PPV draws after Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao, Marquez, and Cotto retire within the next 2 years.

I think Canelo/Cotto, Canelo/Martinez, and Canelo/Mayweather II are possible before those guys retire. Those are all huge PPVs. Potential PPV opponents for Canelo in the future: Kirkland, Lara, Andrade, Charlo Brothers, guys that would move up from 147 like Thurman, Maidana, Porter, Broner, guys like Quillin and Golovkin if Canelo moved up to 160.

For Chavez Jr. there's Froch and Ward at 168, Golovkin if he moves up to 168, Pascal, Stevenson, and Kovalev if Chavez Jr. moves up to 175.

And I'm just saying those fights have the POTENTIAL to be PPVs, not that they should be or would be.

Two PPVs I would love to see are Canelo vs. Bradley at 154 and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins at 173 Catchweight or 175. Cold War though.

Other guys that I think have some PPV potential are D. Garcia, M. Garcia, Golovkin, Broner and Khan if their chins don't keep failing them, and maybe Thurman. I don't think Bradley has much potential as a PPV A-Side, or Ward.
        Chavez Jr will never be a major ppv draw. Ever. He doesnt have the work ethic nor the ability to climb out of the shell of his fathers name. He also doesnt have the skill to defeat any of the top fighters you mentioned without it being some sort of miraculous upset.

Comment

Canelo and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. have the most potential to be the biggest PPV draws after Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao, Marquez, and Cotto retire within the next 2 years.

I think Canelo/Cotto, Canelo/Martinez, and Canelo/Mayweather II are possible before those guys retire. Those are all huge PPVs. Potential PPV opponents for Canelo in the future: Kirkland, Lara, Andrade, Charlo Brothers, guys that would move up from 147 like Thurman, Maidana, Porter, Broner, guys like Quillin and Golovkin if Canelo moved up to 160.

For Chavez Jr. there's Froch and Ward at 168, Golovkin if he moves up to 168, Pascal, Stevenson, and Kovalev if Chavez Jr. moves up to 175.

And I'm just saying those fights have the POTENTIAL to be PPVs, not that they should be or would be.

Two PPVs I would love to see are Canelo vs. Bradley at 154 and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins at 173 Catchweight or 175. Cold War though.

Other guys that I think have some PPV potential are D. Garcia, M. Garcia, Golovkin, Broner and Khan if their chins don't keep failing them, and maybe Thurman. I don't think Bradley has much potential as a PPV A-Side, or Ward.
          Broners chin failed him? Missed that I thought it was his ego and overrated boxing skills that failed.

Comment

Gbp can't wait for Floyd to leave sure they make money off him but look what's gotta be paid to him. With PAC and May gone tr and gbp will have the dough to stack cards and won't really have to pay fighters huge money because there's not to manny fighters that can pull in 1mil+ now weather or not they do this isk only time will tell. It always seems that way there's a big star then he retires and boxing fires up again because fighters are actually fighting each other to become the next big star.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
              Chavez Jr will never be a major ppv draw. Ever. He doesnt have the work ethic nor the ability to climb out of the shell of his fathers name. He also doesnt have the skill to defeat any of the top fighters you mentioned without it being some sort of miraculous upset.
              Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez did 475,000 PPV buys. And that was going against Canelo vs. Lopez on regular Showtime. I think Chavez Jr. definitely has the potential to be a major PPV draw. I think Chavez Jr. would just have to pull off the upset against Froch and that win would definitely get the money train going. I didn't say he'd beat any of the guys I mentioned, but I'd give him a decent shot to beat Froch at 168 and Pascal at 175. If Chavez Jr. beat Froch, I think PPVs against Golovkin or Ward would be pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                Broners chin failed him? Missed that I thought it was his ego and overrated boxing skills that failed.
                That was aimed at Khan more, but I don't think Broner has that great of a chin either.

Comment

GBP will be just fine, espinoza is good friends with oscar and richard they had this plan for the longest time.

GBP will still be the premiere Promotional company when Mayweather retires, what other promotional company has more stars who are young then Golden Boy?

Comment

That was aimed at Khan more, but I don't think Broner has that great of a chin either.
                    I do he came up to. 147 and ate bombs from one of the biggest punchers in the division. Sure he was hurt numerous times and dropped twice but still managed to have enough to come back and hurt and walk down maidana he also recovered pretty fast

Comment

GBP has the deepest stable and most known stable in boxing. Haymon is behind them also. They basically have their own network. They will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X