No announcement yet.

At 154 Canelo beats Manny up and stops him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    Ryan Rhodes was a southpaw, which is probably Canelo's best win. I know it's not saying much, but still. Don't know much about Rhodes, but I'm pretty sure he was a career Middleweight until he dropped down to 154. I think he was undefeated at that weight until Canelo stopped him.

Ryan Rhodes isn't great. But he was considered by many to be a top 10 Jr Middleweight when Canelo beat him.
    Rhodes wasn't a southpaw. I don't think Canelo's even faced one.

It's kind of hard to speculate on a fight against one of the best southpaws in today's world when he's never even faced a descent one or even one at all.

Comment

Pac would land at will, but Alvarez is a big dude and he can punch. I'm not confident enough in Pac taking Alvarez's punches to pick him. If he could, man would Pac put a beating on this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

It's kind of hard to speculate on a fight against one of the best southpaws in today's world when he's never even faced a descent one or even one at all.
        My mistake, I didn't remember the fight and just checked boxrec to confirm..............

Comment

Ryan Rhodes is a switch hitter. Regularly fights in both stances.

Southpaw more than Orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I don't recall that.

Plus, he fought the majority of the fight as orthodox.

Either way, I'm talking about a southpaw, not someone that changes when they get out of position like Sergio Mora or someone.

What 100% southpaw has Canelo fought

Comment

No, Manny would beat him up actually he doesn't move enough, is too easy to hit, and is not on the same level skill wise as Pac. Pac would KO him. But, he would beat on Floyd because Floyd doesn't have the power to keep Canelo off

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Ryan Rhodes is an ingle product. He's overhyped and more style than substance like most ingle products.

Comment

I don't recall that.

Plus, he fought the majority of the fight as orthodox.

Either way, I'm talking about a southpaw, not someone that changes when they get out of position like Sergio Mora or someone.

What 100% southpaw has Canelo fought
                  Yeah, I agree with you.

I'm just saying, Rhodes is a switch hitter. Come to think of it, he perhaps does fight in Orthodox more than Southpaw but he fights in both regularly.

He does it more in a Andre Ward way than a Sergio Mora way. In the sense, he does it purposely, not when he get's out of position.

But I agree with what you're saying, Canelo hasn't fought a Southpaw who fights as a Southpaw 100% of the time I.e Pacquaio.

Comment

DLH/Canelo has more of a chance of happening than this match-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Yeah, I agree with you.

I'm just saying, Rhodes is a switch hitter. Come to think of it, he perhaps does fight in Orthodox more than Southpaw but he fights in both regularly.

He does it more in a Andre Ward way than a Sergio Mora way. In the sense, he does it purposely, not when he get's out of position.

But I agree with what you're saying, Canelo hasn't fought a Southpaw who fights as a Southpaw 100% of the time I.e Pacquaio.
                      On another note, I'll tell you what, if Canelo actually does in fact face a top 154 lb'er and wins, can you imagine the hype that will be built around him?

It would be like winning the Super Bowl or something. If he's built this much hype after fighting shot Baldomir/Cintron/Mosley, Hatton's brother, Cotto's brother and Lopez, imagine what will happen if he actually wins his first legit fight against someone like Lara or Kirkland?

LMAO he might become an instant Hall of Famer

Comment

Working...
                      X