No announcement yet.

WTF was nacho thinking?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    he did not throw punches like he usually did then when he backed away he way more punches..

then again junior did the same **** vs sergio too until the last rounds
    in jrs case, trainers are not there to teach him technique. theyre to get him in physical shape.

jr was never any good. it was all his last name.

Comment

Nacho was probably telling Jr. in camp something along the line of

"I'm only here to make sure you don't get knocked out by going reckless."

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        in jrs case, trainers are not there to teach him technique. theyre to get him in physical shape.

jr was never any good. it was all his last name.
        nacho made a very amateurish mistake, he tried to build chavez from the scratch , chavez is 31 ffs...a great coach would've maximized his fighter's strengths, nacho did the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          nacho made a very amateurish mistake, he tried to build chavez from the scratch , chavez is 31 ffs...a great coach would've maximized his fighter's strengths, nacho did the opposite
          this is whats called agreeing to disagree.

no 10 trainers would have done any better.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Nacho didn't do anything. It's called they paid the man to not phuck up the September fight that was already agreed to. It's blatantly obvious they paid Chavez to show up and not throw punches in order to ensure the lil G fight was intact. Had Chavez beaten Candela's ass, GBP's entire plan would have been wasted.
            It's more likely that Golovkin's team paid Chavez to take a dive.

They didn't want to see their chance at a big money fight slip away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It's more likely that Golovkin's team paid Chavez to take a dive.

They didn't want to see their chance at a big money fight slip away.
              lol yeah very reasonable thing to do like GGG can afford to pay ****load of money

Comment

I thought it was crazy he threw Nacho under the bus in the post fight presser. I mean you can certainly accuse the trainer of a bad plan in any losing performance or even a winning performance if things were rougher than due to that plan.

I just don't know that you can throw your trainer under the bus when you don't actually even try to win. Or throw punches. Or meaningful punches. I mean JCC Jr had Canelo against the ropes begging to be hit & he did nothing. He'd come forward, get in front of Canelo & do nothing. It was one of the strangest performances I've seen in such a high profile fight.

I legit think maybe he threw his life savings on the over or something & is collecting a nicer payday then we know about as we speak.

Comment

Chavez already kind of blamed nacho, he looked for excuses every time and he found one here again. He sounds ******ed with his excuse. At this level you don't need a trainer to fight for you in the ring. You can see what is in front of you and then you need to adjust accordingly. Nothing Nacho could have said to make Chavez fought any better. Maybe they had the wrong gameplan going in but when you are there you study the opponent in front of you then you can make changes yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I thought it was crazy he threw Nacho under the bus in the post fight presser. I mean you can certainly accuse the trainer of a bad plan in any losing performance or even a winning performance if things were rougher than due to that plan.

I just don't know that you can throw your trainer under the bus when you don't actually even try to win. Or throw punches. Or meaningful punches. I mean JCC Jr had Canelo against the ropes begging to be hit & he did nothing. He'd come forward, get in front of Canelo & do nothing. It was one of the strangest performances I've seen in such a high profile fight.

I legit think maybe he threw his life savings on the over or something & is collecting a nicer payday then we know about as we speak.

Totally agree with you, he basically did nothing and the judges scorecard reflect that to the exact point. You see Canelo going to the ropes and you think hmm Chavez is going to have a go at him now but nope, he rarely threw the left jab, I thought he broke his hands or something. He really his lucky that is last name is Chavez.

Comment

junior did throw him under the bus but nacho did not do himself a favor when he revealed his game plan that actually matched what junior tried to do in there....

Comment

Working...
                      X