Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Memo Expects Canelo To Be HEAVIER Than Chavez on Fight Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Too be fair. Cotto was RANKED P4P #9 with the MW Belt. Trout around #17-19. Lara around the same AND STILL IS. Mosley was top #20. Never even thought of Khan??? But he would probably of been in the top 30???
    Mosley wasnt top 20 by then mate. Trout, maybe. Cotto yes but he wasn't a middle, had beaten an injured fighter, and never beat a middle. Lara I thought won but that is debatable. But like I say, how does it relate to he's chances now he's a middle? Do you think he'd do OK against Jacobs? I think Jacobs would outbox him comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      That's my theory since the fight was announced canelo will come in at or around 160 to prepare for 160 title fight next. He will be significantly smaller then chavez. He will beat chavez with his speed and skills advantage not by size. That's just plain stupid if you think canelo is planning to be bigger then chavez who is 6'1 and walks around OVER 200lbs between fights.
      You can't based size on height alone. Tyson was "only" 5'10 but was a heavyweight. They are just thick big boned dudes. Tua also comes to mind. I wouldn't doubt that Canelo's walk around weight is also close to 200.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        That's unofficial BS weights which have proven to be flawed or downright fake. No clue if the guy had on jeans sneakers or whatever else if he stands on a fight night scale. And even by that canelo never over 175 that previous clown said. Molina exposed these network same day weights when someone quoted that weight after his fight last year on showtime. Said that weight is nowhere near what I am you guys had me step on a scale with all my clothes, wallent, keys, cell phone on my pocket so that weight is wrong. You quoting the same showtime weights that Molina trashed as lies on the air after his fight. So I don't buy these weights first off and even if you do a canelo is going up 2 weight classes against a fighter who has always had problems making weights and comes in huge. If canelo comes in heavier then Chavez it's because the Chavez camp phuked something up during his training camp and that's on memo. They need to stop making excuses they are clearly the bigger fighter.
        Who proved it? Show a link to this proof please.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
          Smart Mexicans give up their title to avoid getting ripped off and focus on making millions of dollars more. In case you have not noticed, GGG's is not much of a draw and it is not going to get better for him. He desperately needs a fight with Canelo to try to grab the attention of the people and slow down his rapid decline.
          Lol this is a quite a back peddle. Real mexicans don't duck. Canelo ducked GGG, said he's too small, and then is fighting at 165. Everyone knows it was a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
            Lol this is a quite a back peddle. Real mexicans don't duck. Canelo ducked GGG, said he's too small, and then is fighting at 165. Everyone knows it was a duck.
            A $15 million dollar offer is hardly a duck!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Yes. I know. I'm well aware of the pros and cons of both sides of the argument. However, weight cutting today continues to push the boundaries of safety but has the added dangers attached of potentially putting fighters of substantially different sizes in the ring together.

http://www.******.com/124365-weigh-i...e-vs-same-day/ (ring TV)

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-weight-limits

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=355260

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=662601

You will also find a significant body of opinion that the reasons for the change were much more to with money than fighter safety, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Just giving my opinion though, man. You gotta make your own mind up.
              I'd take the fighter's safety over a fight being 'fair'. Weight cutting has it's disadvantages as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiens View Post
                I'd take the fighter's safety over a fight being 'fair'. Weight cutting has it's disadvantages as well.
                Did you actually read the links? I was talking about safety, not 'fairness'. Besides theres no actual proof that previous day weigh-ins are safer (especially considering the extremes of weight cutting which previous day weigh-ins allow) and certainly no way of comparing whether any theoretical added safety outweighs the added dangers to an opponent by having one guy come to the ring 10 or 15lbs heavier than the other. As people are fond of pointing out, there are weightclasses for a reason.

In my book the safety of an opponent should be of equal or even greater concern than that of a guy who chooses to risk his own health by taking risks with excessive dehydration.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-24-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                  Amir khan will
                  He said "sane" )))

Comment

Working...
                  X