No announcement yet.

manny pacauiao status before the de la hoya fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manny pacauiao status before the de la hoya fight

tif his last fight was the 2nd juan manuel marquez fight would you still rank him as an all time great or just a great fighter
    and would you still have him ahead as a greater fighter than erik morales or juan manuel marquez or marco antonio barrera

i personally would not have him as all time great
    i would rank him as a better fighte than morales but i would say marco antonio barrera was a greather fighter and have uan manuel marquez ahead of him as well

Originally posted by transportcd View Post
    tif his last fight was the 2nd juan manuel marquez fight would you still rank him as an all time great or just a great fighter
    and would you still have him ahead as a greater fighter than erik morales or juan manuel marquez or marco antonio barrera

i would rank him as a better fighte than morales but i would say marco antonio barrera was a greather fighter and have uan manuel marquez ahead of him as well
    So he embarrassed all three mexicans (berrera, morales, marquez) at the time and you would still rank them ahead? What kind of fan boy logic is that??

Comment

pacquiao was an all time great before he went to WW, but WW was what cemented his legacy as a top tier great and made him all that money.

the guy had victories over morales, barrera, and marquez. that's a freakish resume at or around FW. add in his tenure as a champion at lower weights that 122 and he was already a hall of famer and a great, but he didn't become a real legend until he went to 147 lbs, back to 140 to nearly kill hatton, beat up miguel cotto, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by transportcd View Post

Barrera? No way man, thats reaching. Dont get me started on "The Baby Face Assassain" Anyways, who were the WW champs at the time Pac fought De La Hoya, do you remember who they were? Also by the time Manny fought De La Hoya, those who know knew De La Hoya was done but the size differential was interesting. Beating De La Hoya didnt make him an ATG, it just made him a $$$uperstar. IMO, that beating he put on Cotto & Margarito cemented his legacy pretty clearly.

Comment

well i preferred pacquiao far more back then, not the diva he is today. was a great era with him morales barrera marquez

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            So he embarrassed all three mexicans (berrera, morales, marquez) at the time and you would still rank them ahead? What kind of fan boy logic is that??
            How did Pacquiao embarrass Morales? Pacquiao beat a past prime weight drained Morales after losing to a past prime Morales.

Being in close fights and getting KTFO in the only clear victory is embarrassing JMM?

You have a very weird definition of embarrassing.
            Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-12-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              How did Pacquiao embarrass Morales? Pacquiao beat a past prime weight drained Morales after losing to a past prime Morales.

Being in close fights and getting KTFO in the only clear victory is embarrassing JMM?

You have a very weird definition of embarrassing.
              1.pac only lost to morales cause he broke his hand during the fight and was fighting with 1 hand, next fight he knocked him out.

2.were talking before de la Hoya you moron and PAC won the first fight dropping Marquez multiple times but one judge made a mistake on his card and it was called a draw, he admited to it so PAC won, then in the second fight he decisively won.

Comment

i honestly never heard of pac before the hoya fight. i thoguht it was just a cherry pick like when they bring over those asian guys with weird names like fahsan battery 9k

Comment

fahsan 4k battery

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    i honestly never heard of pac before the hoya fight. i thoguht it was just a cherry pick like when they bring over those asian guys with weird names like fahsan battery 9k
                    You missed an awesome transformation then.

Pac prior to his big jump in weight was a very 1 dimensional brawler with lightning speed and a brutal left hand. To see him add so much variety into his game is something that not even the Pacroid conspirators can make up.

I remember Pac was official with his right hand the moment he let it loose against David Diaz as his test subject. He at one point through like 4 right hooks back to back with no answer from Diaz. It was awesome to watch because you knew he cared about adding variety to his game.

In hindsight, it's amazing to think he beat Barrera, Morales, and annoyed Marquez with mostly a left hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X