Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would PRIME B-Hop fare against Sugar Ray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would PRIME B-Hop fare against Sugar Ray?

I know that Sugar Ray Robinson would win the fight, but I'm interested to see how far you guys think he would go into the fight. I don't think B-Hop makes it out of round 6.

hopkins is one of the hardest fighters to finish in the history of boxing. he would lose to SRR for sure but to say it would be within 6 rounds is a stretch considering both their styles and the diffrence in size. i think hopkins goes the distance with SRR and loses a wide decision.

Comment

Ray Robinson at middlewight was beatable. He lost to guys at 160 who were not quite as good as Bernard was.

I'd give Ray the edge, but it would be a very narrow decision for him. Hopkins would be one of the smartest fighters Ray ever fought and had a great chin.

Comment

Hopkins doesn't win a round! The older version "runs" all night but if its Sugars terms its a 15 round fight and eventually Sugar beats the crap out of a "non competitive" Hopkins. I can tell that if Hopkins fought in Robinsons era he wouldn't be used on shows if he utilized his "defensive" mode!!
        Also when you fought Sugar Ray you had to fight back or you got ypr azz handed to you!
        jabsRstiff you make it sound like he could be beat just about anytime he fought.........................Bernard Hopkins has no chance of beating Sugarman!
        Roy is the only fighter in the last 25 years that has a realistic shot at hanging with Robinson. Hopkins has no chance! Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Hopkins doesn't win a round! The older version "runs" all night but if its Sugars terms its a 15 round fight and eventually Sugar beats the crap out of a "non competitive" Hopkins. I can tell that if Hopkins fought in Robinsons era he wouldn't be used on shows if he utilized his "defensive" mode!!
          Also when you fought Sugar Ray you had to fight back or you got ypr azz handed to you!
          jabsRstiff you make it sound like he could be beat just about anytime he fought.........................Bernard Hopkins has no chance of beating Sugarman!
          Roy is the only fighter in the last 25 years that has a realistic shot at hanging with Robinson. Hopkins has no chance! Ray Corso
          Roy Jones was a super middleweight/light heavyweight with every ounce of Ray Robinson's physical gifts. I think he has more than a "realistic shot." And you're selling Bernard Hopkins short.

Comment

Robinson would win, but Hopkins would make him look bad and it would be a disappointing fight to watch. Just like most Hopkins fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Robinson would win, but Hopkins would make him look bad and it would be a disappointing fight to watch. Just like most Hopkins fights.
              Hopkins is almost Whitaker-like in his ability to make me go "wow...and I thought this guy was pretty good..."

Comment

Hopkins would get sparked the fuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Sounds to me like you're thinking of Robinson the welterweight.....that's the unbeatable Robinson. The 160lb Ray is NOT the best middleweight of all time. His success at middleweight on top of his incredible welter days are what make him the best fighter ever. But, he would never have been considered the best fighter ever if it was based on what he did at 160- he lost too many times.

Bernard Hopkins is not getting beaten easily by anyone at 160. Not the mature, primed Hopkins of '96-2001. I bet you never saw that version of Hopkins.

You thought Henry Cooper was a southpaw, by the way. So, I'm not so sure you know who you're talking about at this point.

Comment

Robinson was obviously at his best at 147, not 160. Still an ATG at 160 but guys act like he's unbeatable at MW when in fact he wasn't. Hopkins would at the very least hold his ground and make it a tough fight.

Also to the poster above that says hopkins wouldn't win around and couldn't survive in robinsons era at 160, gotta disagree entirely. I don't see why Hopkins couldn't hang with the likes of LaMotta, Basilio, Gene Fullmer, Zale, Graziano, etc. etc. etc. A lot of these guys were like 5'6-5'7 Hopkins would have a really big size advantage against most of them not too mention Hopkins style is a problem for just about anyone, especially come forward brawlers who were a dime a dozen in those days.

Comment

Working...
                    X