Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    You don't think they'd be for sale like anybody else?
    I made a thread about that too, but Boston Guy deletes them because they painted Floyd and his agenda in a bad light.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      WADA actually considers it's a valid excuse :

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/media-cen...n-footballers/
      It was overturned, but you can't say USADA followed WADA protocol in the Morales case. They didn't. Would we have even gotten that excuse if the story hadn't leaked?

Also, "he Mexico health department said Friday that cases of contaminated beef in Mexico are fewer than one in a million."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ent-beef_n.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        It was overturned, but you can't say USADA followed WADA protocol in the Morales case. They didn't. Would we have even gotten that excuse if the story hadn't leaked?

Also, "he Mexico health department said Friday that cases of contaminated beef in Mexico are fewer than one in a million."

Owned. Someone save this quote.

Btw this thread is being derailed and ruined. I hope it doesn't end up locked.

Comment

• Didn't the failed Morales drug tests only come to light through similar 'unnamed sources' inside either GBP or USADA?

If I recall correctly, Schaefer only made an announcement after the story had been leaked right before the fight. If it hadn't, I wonder if it would have been consigned to the same 'rumour' status as this Mayweather story.

Comment

Which leads me to my final point...

USADA blew a huge opportunity to help the sport and is as shady as GBP in this process

Back in 2010, Travis Tygart was engaging. He was willing to talk to media members. Even I, who isn't really known in the Boxing world, interviewed him twice (http://maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing...or-every-fight) .

Tygart openly engaged media members and boxing officials/promoters, how boxing needed better testing. To really have to a successful program, you needed transparency and better testing protocols.

While there may or may not be better testing protocols performed by USADA (who knows if they use CIR every time they test?), USADA really shit the bed when it came to positive tests and working with Golden Boy.

USADA gave Morales three different opportunities to test negative! When he finally did on the third test, which was unprecedented and shouldn't have happened, Morales was allowed to fight on. Morales' excuse of contaminated meat shouldn't have passed WADA protocol either. USADA failed to live up to their higher bodies protocol.

Instead they acted in Golden Boy's interest, they not only allowed Morales to fight but they even destroyed samples that were taken for Quillin Wright! When asked about this by other reporters, USADA has yet to return any calls.

What happened to the Travis Tygart who said this:

Wouldn't doing the right thing would have been cancelling a fight after testing positive?

Also it should be noted that Morales-Garcia was never announced as a fight that USADA was doing in the first place. It raises the question of how many other fights, like Floyd Mayweather in this case, could have tested positive but not come to light.

Why anyone would favor USADA over VADA is beyond me.

*Earlier I called Hauser an author instead of a journalist. The way he writes flows much more like a story than a newspaper piece It should be said instead of "says," which Hauser does repeatedly.

USADA does in fact employ CIR testing, the Cotto-Mayweather fight used it and it says that much on the USADA website. Next thing is that, USADA does not have the authority in boxing to deny a fighter from fighting even after testing positive. It's out of their domain. VADA has stated the same thing.

If we are to discuss transparency, the irony is that VADA is less transparent than USADA. In the past, USADA has released the results of Floyd Mayweather's tests. Whereas, VADA has not released any full-scale results to the public. In fact, the Founder of VADA is on record saying that VADA only releases results if the fighter grants them permission to do so. Thereby, a positive or negative result can easily be concealed if the fighter chooses, in regards to VADA. And this information was supplied in a Boxing Scene interview/article with VADA's Founder.

For their to be true transparency, this has to be something implemented by the boxing commissions. Where they work together with testing agencies like USADA and/or VADA. Implementing the testing all across the board in boxing. Otherwise, what's stopping fighters like Donaire (who uses VADA) from hiding a positive result from the public?

Comment

• It almost feel like this thread is full of PED's...fu..ck boxing nobody will ever get a clear answer.

Comment

• Floyd = drug cheat

Comment

Yep. That's the key point here. If it wasn't for these anonymous sources that are being so derided in this thread, would we ever hear about any of this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I don't understand this part. How is this USADA's fault? I thought it was the state athletics commission responsibility to allow someone to fight or not. USADA did give the negative results to the commission. Doesn't USADA's responsibility end there? I don't believe they have any power to stop fights. Or am I wrong about that?
                    USADA, unlike VADA, has the actual authority to ban an athlete and prevent the fight from happening. Commissions can either agree or disagree with the decision, but USADA can impose discipline like they did with Lance or olympic athletes.

Think of it as USADA's the judge deciding the case and then the Commission would be the appeals court.

There is also the issue of the NYASC not even being notified after Morales tested positive too. Morales was tested positive two times before the commission even knew about it.

The main question that really does USADA in here, and what makes it there responsibility along with GBP's:

Would the commissions, fans, or the media have even found out about the story if three sources didn't leak it?

Comment

Wow that's gold

Comment

Working...
                      X