Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question about Carlos Zarate that i doubt any of you can answer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about Carlos Zarate that i doubt any of you can answer.

If you go look at his boxing record at boxrec.com you will see that around 35 of the people he fought had no wins period (i say around because my cheap computer keeps freezing up which made it hard to count all of those zeros) yet nobody ever bashes him for fighting bum after bum do they.Yet on the other hand a guy like Tyson who i hate gets put down for fighting guys with winning records.George Foreman is put down for fighting guys like Alex Stewart,Pierre Coetzer,Gerry Cooney and Shannon Briggs who all had world class talent not to mention Foreman was in this 40's.

The question to be answered is Carlos Zarate only praised because he is hispanic? Pretty much all hispanic and latino's are praised for anything they do in this country (They do rule america now). How many times have you heard somebody say Ike Quartey is a all time great?How about Felix Sturm or Shane Mosely? All 3 beat De La Hoya and he is far more popular than all 3 combine. A past his prime Pernell Whitaker beat Oscar....Bernard Hopkins beat him and Floyd Mayweather beat him. Name one white or black superstar Zarate or De La Hoya beat? Can you name one because i sure can't.

Maybe it is just my pride and love for being a america....a real american citizen that makes me so angry to see everybody else on this planet get praised and my white and americans get bashed no matter what we do.

This isn't about Zarate particularily, but nobody should take BoxRec's records as being gospel, especially when it comes to some more obscure fighters from the older days or those from different countries like Mexico.

It may be BoxRec just haven't found recorded fights for those other guys (and their probably not looking too hard either), and I'm sure just about each and every one of those records have a disclaimer on the bottom saying something along the lines of "this record may be incomplete and/or inaccurate".

It's worth noting that a couple of years ago, the BoxRec record researchers stated that they estimated that they only had about 5% of the fights on their site that have taken place throughout history.

A guy with a 0-0 record may have been exactly that entering a fight. But then again, he may have had a number of fights throughout his homeland that just haven't found their way onto the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
      This isn't about Zarate particularily, but nobody should take BoxRec's records as being gospel, especially when it comes to some more obscure fighters from the older days or those from different countries like Mexico.

It may be BoxRec just haven't found recorded fights for those other guys (and their probably not looking too hard either), and I'm sure just about each and every one of those records have a disclaimer on the bottom saying something along the lines of "this record may be incomplete and/or inaccurate".

It's worth noting that a couple of years ago, the BoxRec record researchers stated that they estimated that they only had about 5% of the fights on their site that have taken place throughout history.

A guy with a 0-0 record may have been exactly that entering a fight. But then again, he may have had a number of fights throughout his homeland that just haven't found their way onto the site.
      I tell people the same thing when they ask about Jimmy Wylde.

Comment

Originally posted by randy johnson View Post
        If you go look at his boxing record at boxrec.com you will see that around 35 of the people he fought had no wins period (i say around because my cheap computer keeps freezing up which made it hard to count all of those zeros) yet nobody ever bashes him for fighting bum after bum do they.Yet on the other hand a guy like Tyson who i hate gets put down for fighting guys with winning records.George Foreman is put down for fighting guys like Alex Stewart,Pierre Coetzer,Gerry Cooney and Shannon Briggs who all had world class talent not to mention Foreman was in this 40's.

The question to be answered is Carlos Zarate only praised because he is hispanic? Pretty much all hispanic and latino's are praised for anything they do in this country (They do rule america now). How many times have you heard somebody say Ike Quartey is a all time great?How about Felix Sturm or Shane Mosely? All 3 beat De La Hoya and he is far more popular than all 3 combine. A past his prime Pernell Whitaker beat Oscar....Bernard Hopkins beat him and Floyd Mayweather beat him. Name one white or black superstar Zarate or De La Hoya beat? Can you name one because i sure can't.

Maybe it is just my pride and love for being a america....a real american citizen that makes me so angry to see everybody else on this planet get praised and my white and americans get bashed no matter what we do.
        You seem to be twisting things to suit your own agenda. Many people rate Tyson above Zarate and de la Hoya, and while you are entitled to you opinion about how any given fight should have been scored, Quartey and Sweet Pea both lost to de la Hoya.

How many Mexican superstars did Ali or SRR beat? But they are still rated as the top 2 ever by most people. There is more to judging a fighter than the race and/or popularity of those that they beat.

Comment

You seem to be twisting things to suit your own agenda. Many people rate Tyson above Zarate and de la Hoya, and while you are entitled to you opinion about how any given fight should have been scored, Quartey and Sweet Pea both lost to de la Hoya.

How many Mexican superstars did Ali or SRR beat? But they are still rated as the top 2 ever by most people. There is more to judging a fighter than the race and/or popularity of those that they beat.

So I am the only one who believes Whitaker and Quartey beat De La Hoya?HBO had both Quartey and Whitaker beating De La Hoya too.They also had Felix Sturm beating him not to mention the fighters who actually got the win against him and still remain unknown unless you are a boxing fan.

I don't remember any mexican heavyweights do you?So I doubt Ali could of fought any or he would. Sugar Ray Robinson is overrated himself so who cares who he fought....I said this before his whole career was based off him avoiding most black warriors he knew he couldnt beat and fighting guys like Lamotta who were slow as hell and couldnt punch worth a damn.

Zarate is still rated as one of the hardest punchers of all time because of his padded record...Until you can show me he didn't fight 35 guys who had no wins prior to him fighting him then i will just to by what boxrec.com says. It could be inaccurate or it could be 100 percent accurate but that is all we have right now.

Let me name some more mexican fighters who get more praise than white or blacks. Marco Antonio Barrera is another one....didn't Junior Jones beat him twice and how many times have you watch a boxing show and you hear them mention how great Jones is? Many Pacquio career was pretty much jump started by beating MAB years after Junior Jones did it. You remember how much hype Fernando Vargas had when he became pro? Who did he beat in his career? A gift win against Winky Wright and that is pretty much it. Winky Wright has been doing his thing for years and puerto rican fighters like Cotto and probably even Trinidad are still more popular than he is.

You the USA used to be our country right people? Freedom of speech is one of our rights...we can say what we feel..or at least we should be able too. You know as white and black american men we have become almost a 3rd rate citizen in our own country. I bet you if a white guy came into a boxnig ring wearing a confederate flage people would jump on him and call him a racist. I know many white guys who have confederate flags on their cars and themselves as tattoos and woudl help me out even quicker than my own black people it has nothing to do with racism. But yet a mexican,puerto rican,asian, cuban ect ect ect can come into a boxing ring waving their flag and nobody will say anything.It is like we are afraid to be a man now days.

You know everything I said about De La Hoya and Zarate are true. One gets praised for being a hard puncher when based on the record I found he had a extremely padded record. De La Hoya is considered a legend but the fact is when ever he steps up and fights a good white or black boxer he loses. The funny thing is alot of white and black boxers are kind of overrated as well but not to the extent of hispanics and latinos.

Comment

theres nothing wrong with fighting bums. but you shouldnt get credit for it.

I dont know much about Carlos Zarate, but Im sure that people that praise him dont praise him for his wins over bums, they praise him for his other wins that mean more. like his title defences.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

I don't rate Tyson higher than ODLH, ODLH love him or hate him has far surperior wins.

Comment

Boxrec is crappy at fight records.

Jimmy Wylde, number 3 hardest P4P puncher of all time according to Ring magazine, has fought about 50 people with no fights according to them, but he didn't.

Zarate is actually the same, he didn't fight anywhere near as many people with losing records or no fights as Boxrec suggests.

Boxrec is a resource, not an encyclopedia.

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
                  Boxrec is crappy at fight records.

Jimmy Wylde, number 3 hardest P4P puncher of all time according to Ring magazine, has fought about 50 people with no fights according to them, but he didn't.

Zarate is actually the same, he didn't fight anywhere near as many people with losing records or no fights as Boxrec suggests.

Boxrec is a resource, not an encyclopedia.
                  Boxrec is maintained by a group of ****ing morons. It's about as accurate as Wikipedia, never trust it, especially with old timers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkicards View Post
                    Boxrec is maintained by a group of ****ing morons. It's about as accurate as Wikipedia, never trust it, especially with old timers.
                    This post isn't anti-English. You're losing your touch son.

Comment

Working...
                    X