Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's YOUR top 5 NBA players of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Korver
    JJ Redick
    Steve Nash
    Steve Kerr
    Dirk Nowitzki

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      So I'm the stupid one, when you said the only real skill a big man can have involves shooting? Do you realize how stupid such a statement is? Do you realize how stupid it is to say Wilt only dominated against unathletic white guys when you posted a video where he is scoring on two of the best centers ever, both black, using a variety of post moves that the vast majority of centers all time didn't have?
      i said real skill involves shooting with post moves. You are glorying dunking on willis reed as if its something never done before. "Look wilt is dunking. What a great skill." "Look wilt is pivoting" yea that's part of basketball. What's next bo? "look wilt is making a layup with the left hand"

FAct of the matter is wilt didnt have any real post moves akin to mchale & dream's intricate post moves, nor did he have a consistent jump hook like kareem.

His game was basically beneath the basket dunks & lay ups vs unathletic white guys. oh yeaa russell (6'9 240-250lbs) & willis reed ditto.

Wilt was great for his time period but he wouldnt be as great if he played in the modern era vs modern all time great centers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        i never said wilt wasnt great. all im saying is that he wouldnt be as great & his statistical greatness wouldnt be as great either if he played in the modern era against modern competition, modern nba.

shaq may not have post skills & only dunked, but he did it against superior athletes. Are you seriously saying wilt would average 50 per game & drop 20 per game if he played in the 80s or 90s?

yet a page ago you said this about Wilt?:

Neither guy had real basketball skills

i never said he would average 50-20 in the modern era...probably close to half...25-10 is considered pretty damn good and would command major money and all star appearances...you could build a franchise around a player with those kinds of stats

my point is; he was so dominant that it would have translated into any era

Comment

i said real skill involves shooting with post moves. You are glorying dunking on willis reed as if its something never done before. "Look wilt is dunking. What a great skill." "Look wilt is pivoting" yea that's part of basketball. What's next bo? "look wilt is making a layup with the left hand"

FAct of the matter is wilt didnt have any real post moves akin to mchale & dream's intricate post moves, nor did he have a consistent jump hook like kareem.

His game was basically beneath the basket dunks & lay ups vs unathletic white guys. oh yeaa russell (6'9 240-250lbs) & willis reed ditto.

Wilt was great for his time period but he wouldnt be as great if he played in the modern era vs modern all time great centers.
          Yeah, Wilt's moves are a part of basketball that most centers don't know how to do. If we held every big man's post skills to the standard of McHale or Hakeem, then no big man other than them have any skill. No real post moves, what a joke.

You are still somehow arguing that Wilt is not showing skill in the videos you are posting. It's mind boggling. So what if Wilt wouldn't average 50 and 20? He'd average 24-25 and 13 instead for ten years, and would likely destroy most centers in the league for 30 and 20 a few times a year. That would still be greatness.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            yet a page ago you said this about Wilt?:

i never said he would average 50-20 in the modern era...probably close to half...25-10 is considered pretty damn good and would command major money and all star appearances...you could build a franchise around a player with those kinds of stats

my point is; he was so dominant that it would have translated into any era

wilt doesnt have real post skills is what i should have posted. Any big man can dunk & make layups. Wilt would not average 25-10 in the 80s or 90s. He cant shoot nor does not have consistent go to post move other than dunks & layups.

Wilt & Russell playing in the 50s & 60s during the infancy of the nba vs inferior athleticism, size, & competition are not as great as Shaq & Dream or Robinson or Ewing playing in the modern era.

Kareem on the other hand, his greatness would translate into any era. He real skill. Not wilt & russell.

Comment

• No skill. No post moves. Can't shoot.

Comment

wilt doesnt have real post skills is what i should have posted. Any big man can dunk & make layups. Wilt would not average 25-10 in the 80s or 90s. He cant shoot nor does not have consistent go to post move other than dunks & layups.

Wilt & Russell playing in the 50s & 60s during the infancy of the nba vs inferior athleticism, size, & competition are not as great as Shaq & Dream or Robinson or Ewing playing in the modern era.

Kareem on the other hand, his greatness would translate into any era. He real skill. Not wilt & russell.

i personally dont think you've seen enough Wilt

Comment

No skill. No post moves. Can't shoot.

so your saying wilt can shoot? Go ahead show a highlight video. That proves he can shoot.

Ill stick with facts & that says he is a career 51% shooter. But i could be proven wrong with another youtube video highlight.

You guys are being enamored with wilt's gaudy statistics. Fact of the matter is he got those stats during the weakest era ever in terms of talent, athleticism, & competition.

You know when wilt averaged 50 per game?

YOu know what else happened in 1962?

oscar robertson triple double average. Russell averaging 23.6 boards per game.

Not to mention goal tending was still legal at the time.

You have to consider the time period. There was a lack of athletic big men during wilt & russell's time period. Conditioning was also a great factor which was piss poor.

Wilt was only as great as he was because he was just so much bigger & stronger than everybody is. He wouldnt have that advantage if he played in the 80s or 90s.

Timing is everything.

Comment

so your saying wilt can shoot? Go ahead show a highlight video. That proves he can shoot.

Ill stick with facts & that says he is a career 51% shooter. But i could be proven wrong with another youtube video highlight.

You guys are being enamored with wilt's gaudy statistics. Fact of the matter is he got those stats during the weakest era ever in terms of talent, athleticism, & competition.

You know when wilt averaged 50 per game?

YOu know what else happened in 1962?

oscar robertson triple double average. Russell averaging 23.6 boards per game.

Not to mention goal tending was still legal at the time.

You have to consider the time period. There was a lack of athletic big men during wilt & russell's time period. Conditioning was also a great factor which was piss poor.

Wilt was only as great as he was because he was just so much bigger & stronger than everybody is. He wouldnt have that advantage if he played in the 80s or 90s.

Timing is everything.
                    So in one sentence, you say you'll stick with the stats, that they are facts and video isn't. In the next, you say the stats are lying. You tell us to go watch him play, that all he did was dunk and couldn't do anything else, post a bunch of videos and say "Watch!" but when someone else does the same, then the video doesn't prove anything.

Yeah, you're not full of sh** or anything though.

Comment

So in one sentence, you say you'll stick with the stats, that they are facts and video isn't. In the next, you say the stats are lying. You tell us to go watch him play, that all he did was dunk and couldn't do anything else, post a bunch of videos and say "Watch!" but when someone else does the same, then the video doesn't prove anything.

Yeah, you're not full of sh** or anything though.
                      LOOK AT HIS COMPETITION !!! how hard is that to understand? are you seriously gonna sit there & say basketball in the 1960s is the same as in the 80s,90s now?

Comment

Working...
                      X