No announcement yet.

The end of the Republican party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    There's a reason why Republicans have been so unwilling to work with Obama over the past few years, and that reason is simply this : Republicans would rather see Obama fail than to see America succeed.

Period.
    Hopefully that will change now that there's no reason to oppose Obama. He's not running again, if they really think that sabotaging another 4 years for the man will help them, then we'll see the same thing happen to the Republicans in 2014 that happened to the Democrats in 2010.

Comment

I don't consider myself Republican or Democrat. I support either party depending on which presidential candidate I am more drawn to. Because I feel no leader should be trapped in gridlock trying to do what they envision but being sabotaged and filibustered the whole way. Republicans have been acting small minded and petty as of late. They don't seem interested in America but in resurrecting their obsolete xenophobic views, and racist undercurrented mindsets. If a good Republican candidate comes along in 2016 or 2020, I will vote for him/her, but they have fielded subpar candidates, with no integrity, and attitudes from the 1950's. Republicans have to get with the times.

I believe in Barack Obama. I believe without congressional gridlock, he would right this ship and do nearly everything he promises, because he IS a man of integrity. End of story. Republicans have to stop sabotaging America and work with our president to solve the issues at hand.

Comment

word, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Republicans lost women, hispanics, blacks and the young people. That leaves white people over 65 for the republicans. Not a good sign and they better change or we might never see another republican in office again.
          It wasn't just whites over 65, I think the majority of whites among all age groups voted for Romney in this election. BUT, I think that statistic is shifting. We are ushering in a new generation that seems to be drifting away from the medieval social issues that the Republicans cling on to, and that can surely mean the end of the Republican party.

But as others have mentioned, if Obama doesn't successfully deliver during his second term, we could very well have a Republican taking office. And that's possible but not because of Obama's incompetence, but because said Republicans in the house are going to continue to make Obama's second term a living hell. Case in point, soon after Obama's successful reelection, John Boehner pretty much said "We're going to do everything in our power to prevent the President from cutting tax breaks for the rich."

tl;dr : GOP is slowly dying but can still make a splash by acting like ****s, like they always have been.

Comment

Republicans Today:

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Obama is not going to destroy the economy because he will now govern from an economy that is getting better and he has no re-election to worry about. His legacy is on the line now, if you don't support Obama, you don't support America.

I want Obama to succeed because I love this country.

This guy.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                "Obama will completely destroy America ". That type of hyperbolic ignorance is why the republican party has lost the last two presidential elections . Obama has done infinitely better than Bush and the economy and job numbers are improving . But you have to read fact checkers and reliable information rather than propaganda to know that .

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                What is it with this fetish for 'indifference curves' you guys have. The economy improving because the "official" numbers say that the unemployment rate is at 7 is hyperbole.

Anyone who is intellectually curious will check beyond the govt. propaganda stats and look deeper into those numbers. Like the unemployment rate going down because someone used up their 99 weeks of unemployment benefits and stopped looking for work. Like the inflation that the common man sees in gas prices, food prices, energy but can't connect the dots....all due to Govt. spending and the way that spending is financed.

Comment

That doesn't leave much, like I said, unless the republican party can redefine themselves, they are in serious trouble.
                  How nice of you to care about the Republican party and what they need to do to be winners again....

Give me a break. The Republican Party needs to stop trying to be the so called "Moderate" or "Centrist" on everything....and tilt to the far-right. Far-right Capitalism, Far-Right Economics that is. Since the other party is all about spending and "Investing in education blah, infrastructure blah, alternative energy (aka Cronyism through subsidies)"....they need to give America a clear choice. By being the opposite economically. Embrace Capitalism Republicans, and stop trying to sugercoat things with words like "Positive vision for America".

Level with the American people and find people who can articulate what Capitalism is all about. What the 16 trillion mean to the 100 dollars in a persons pocket, when they go out and buy something and it can't buy as much as it used to.

Go to the Economic far-right and stop giving in to peer pressure from mainstream liberal sentiment of going even further "moderate". Or you might as well just merge the party with the Democrats and call it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post

This guy.
                    Cuauhtémoc1520 >>> One_Tycoon, any day of the week .....

I'm surprised to even see you around here, after being proven wrong, inaccurate and full of **** soooo many times. I would guess you're a glutton for punishment .... ok, I'm accommodate

Wasn't it you that stated over and over and over that Obama wouldn't come close to securing the same numbers of young, women etc... as he did in the 2008 election?

What happened??

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      Cuauhtémoc1520 >>> One_Tycoon, any day of the week .....

I'm surprised to even see you around here, after being proven wrong, inaccurate and full of **** soooo many times. I would guess you're a glutton for punishment .... ok, I'm accommodate

Wasn't it you that stated over and over and over that Obama wouldn't come close to securing the same numbers of young, women etc... as he did in the 2008 election?

What happened??
                      I'm not Carl Rove and expert at election and poll numbers. Capitalism is my forte. But we don't even know if he did that. Remember....rigged polls and all? It's a two way streak...if you're playing that game.

But even if he did...so what. It was highly inconceivable that he was gonna have the same numbers as in 2008, considering that the hype/enthusiasm was over....and a lot of his young fans switched over to the "Federal Reserve is controlled by Rothchild vampires and Jewish zombies, which are controlled by Bilderberg" conspiracy bandwagon.

Comment

Working...
                      X