No announcement yet.

The punching power of Julian Jackson and the handspeed of Meldrick Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    remember the 12th round of the first fight, when morales went toe to toe with manny and turned southpaw when he was clearly ahead on the cards?
    just to make it a better scrap, lol!

legend
    legend

i'll never get over it.
    First time I watched that fight, it hurt my self-esteem a little bit because I realized that no matter how hard I tried, I'd never be as "I don't give a shit" cool as him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Maybe so, but the man's hands were like boulders. Maybe he didn't think he had that much power, but let's ask Gene Fullmer about that one...that is, if he's woken up yet.
      Fullmer didn't see the punch, it was a blind shot...
      That's why it was the only time he was ever knocked out in his life in any capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        Fullmer didn't see the punch, it was a blind shot...
        That's why it was the only time he was ever knocked out in his life in any capacity.
        Well yeah, any time you knock someone out cold, it's probably a blind shot. But you said it yourself - it was the ONLY time he had ever been knocked out. You think it was the only time he got caught blind? The shot almost took his head off.

Comment

Terry Norris is another guy who had a nice blend of speed and power

Comment

tyson, hearns, sugar leonard, ray robinson, i always thought jack dempsey was fast and a very hard hitter, pacquiao has to be mentioned, roy jones was fast but i dont think he was a big hitter, i think duran is pretty damn fast and a hard hitter, bob foster, hamed, mcclellan, louis and others mentioned in this thread.

im surprised no one has mentioned valero, if you ask me he has to be a top contender for the 'title.' just look at this video, insane.

Comment

would the history section agree with my assertion about valero?

Comment

Working...
              X