Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“As a man, and a fighter, I’m ashamed of them to fight for a title at a catchweight”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “As a man, and a fighter, I’m ashamed of them to fight for a title at a catchweight”

“As a man, and a fighter, I’m ashamed of them to fight for a title at a catchweight,” Martinez said through a translator. “I would never do that. If I need to challenge someone, I would do it the weight of the division.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...tinez-williams

Martinez sounds a bit a mad over the catchweight. I'm afraid he's going to show up weight drained for the fight.

As a Paul Williams fan I agree... Although I don't feel like it will prohibit Martinez in any way... It's still not necessary.

Comment

Yea I completely agree with that statement. This catchweight bs for a title shouldn't even be allowed. You want a mans title, go up to his weight class and take it.

Comment

Yeah lost some respect for Paul I must say. This is the only reason I'm rooting for Martinez, since he won the MW title without any bull****. I don't want it to change hands in a catchweight fight.

Comment

This, coupled with a similar previous statement, gives me cause for concern over his condition tonight. It's weird considering the entire way they market Williams as a multi-divisional threat, but whatever.

Comment

catchweight fights are something of a travesty. I know...I know they have been used for lots of fights before our era, but I still think they are bull****.

Comment

Sergio is a true fighter what every fighter should be

Comment

Originally posted by Stigma View Post
                This, coupled with a similar previous statement, gives me cause for concern over his condition tonight. It's weird considering the entire way they market Williams as a multi-divisional threat, but whatever.
                yeah more like multi-divisional catchweight threat.

Comment

it was really weird for a guy who for years said hed fight anyone at any weight to make a deal out of 3 pounds off the normal division limit in a rematch of a fight that he won

i just dont get the point

thats so insignificant all it really does is give your opponent a superficial excuse if they lose

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
                    it was really weird for a guy who for years said hed fight anyone at any weight to make a deal out of 3 pounds off the normal division limit in a rematch of a fight that he won

i just dont get the point

thats so insignificant all it really does is give your opponent a superficial excuse if they lose
                    Two pounds

It's not as bad because sergio was a jr mw champion a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X