Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to come out of the closet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the parts of Christianity you mentioned (shaming you for doing drugs and listening to bad music)

I've always wanted to believe in it so I could become a fierce oppressive crusader but it's too silly

Then I realized I could be an atheist and still bash sinners because every sin is associated with biological unhealthiness and really has nothing to do with religion

I guess I'm just terrified of TELLING people I'm an atheist because they might assume I've been successfully brainwashed by the media into thinking transvestites are human

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      I dont know why you need to believe every word of it when clesrly tjere are metaphors,alot of them. If what you said is true tjen christians have to believe the toung earth bull**** that we christians also have to putbup with
      The bible says that it is the complete word of god. God would not leave anything up to ambiguity, everything is crystal clear IF it is the truth.

You may not believe Jonas being in the belly of a whale, but a resurrection is more realistic? This is what I mean by every single word needs to be taken literally.

Revelation 3:15-17New International Version (NIV)

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        I like the parts of Christianity you mentioned (shaming you for doing drugs and listening to bad music)

I've always wanted to believe in it so I could become a fierce oppressive crusader but it's too silly

Then I realized I could be an atheist and still bash sinners because every sin is associated with biological unhealthiness and really has nothing to do with religion

I guess I'm just terrified of TELLING people I'm an atheist because they might assume I've been successfully brainwashed by the media into thinking transvestites are human
        Wall.

Yes or no.

Comment

I don't know which museum it was but when I was about 8 years old we visited family in NY and my cousin took me to a museum that had a life size skeletal exhibit of the evolution of man...

I had never seen anything like it before at 8 years old but I took one look at it and knew immediately I had been fed a lot of BS concerning the bible and Adam and Eve...and at 8 years old became an atheist even though I had no idea what an atheist was.
          Last edited by jaded; 10-31-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            I don't know which museum it was but when I was about 8 years old we visited family in NY and my cousin took me to a museum that had a life size skeletal exhibit of the evolution of man...

I had never seen anything like it before at 8 years old but I took one look at it and knew immediately I had been fed a lot of BS concerning the bible and Adam and Eve...and at 8 years old became an atheist even though I had no idea what an atheist was.
            your cousin was a heretic! led you to death.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
              your cousin was a heretic! led you to death.
              Only the good die young...I will live to be very old.

Comment

Red k sent for the clickbait

Comment

i had a very difficult conversation about this with a good friend of mine, who funny enough turns out is on exactly the same page.

i almost felt ashamed to even admit this. but **** that.

christianity and the "church" are always making you feel ashamed. ashamed for drinking. ashamed for smoking weed. ashamed for listening to rap. ashamed for having a girlfriend. ashamed for ****ing. ashamed for not praying 10 times x day. the hypocrisy is too much to handle. enough feeling ashamed.

**** all that.

**** shame.

the bold part is all "modern" church doctrine, it has nothing to do with real christianity. church leaders want to get as much money out of you as possible so the best way to do that is to make you feel condemned for every single "sin" you do, and beleive me they are counting them all to use against you to keep you beat down so you'll believe the lie that they don't do things that are worse than what you're doing. i have found that all church leaders have one thing in common, they are addicted to the power they have over the lives of others, to tell them how to vote, who they can be friends with etc.

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  I dont know why you need to believe every word of it when clesrly tjere are metaphors,alot of them. If what you said is true tjen christians have to believe the toung earth bull**** that we christians also have to putbup with
                  all these literalists make me laugh with their belief that every single thing in the Bible has to be literal, Jesus said " i am a door to eternal life" and is called a lion, a sheep, and many other things. none of these are literally true, but as a metaphor they explain some really profound truth about things we really can't understand

Comment

The bible says that it is the complete word of god. God would not leave anything up to ambiguity, everything is crystal clear IF it is the truth.

You may not believe Jonas being in the belly of a whale, but a resurrection is more realistic? This is what I mean by every single word needs to be taken literally.

Revelation 3:15-17New International Version (NIV)

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
                    So with your logic everythong needs to ne take literally. So eith that being said when jesus said he is a door he mist be taken literally and ne percieved as a door.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                      the bold part is all "modern" church doctrine, it has nothing to do with real christianity. church leaders want to get as much money out of you as possible so the best way to do that is to make you feel condemned for every single "sin" you do, and beleive me they are counting them all to use against you to keep you beat down so you'll believe the lie that they don't do things that are worse than what you're doing. i have found that all church leaders have one thing in common, they are addicted to the power they have over the lives of others, to tell them how to vote, who they can be friends with etc.

all these literalists make me laugh with their belief that every single thing in the Bible has to be literal, Jesus said " i am a door to eternal life" and is called a lion, a sheep, and many other things. none of these are literally true, but as a metaphor they explain some really profound truth about things we really can't understand
                      Literal translation willblead to stupidity. Jesus said that people should not be ignorant. And atheist thinks that literalist nut jobs represents the christian populace.

Thats why i dont like people who are particularly being an arrogant atheist. They will lecture you about science and all telling how the bible is bs when they have no idea wtf they are talking about and was just being an atheist to have a sense of superiority
                      Last edited by Thraxox; 10-31-2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X