Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimi Hendrix Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love this version. and i think he pulls a little of day tripper in there too lol. at some point i could play this song, always loved that riff. i haven't played the guitar in a long time now

Comment

Comment

the greatest rock guitarist ever. I loved the funky blues stuff he did with the band of gypsies, once it was three brothas playing together. mitch Mitchell is a great drummer but buddy miles took jimi to a whole different place

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          It's a little known fact (unless you frequented Drunk Lang when I did) that the emo cenobite is a huge Hendrix fan. Have been ever since I was a wee lad as the green teefs would say. One of my favorite pleasures in my adult life is unwinding after a particularly long work week with an ice cold bottle of scotch and some goddamn Jimi Hendrix tunes. Sometimes I'll try and play along with him just for the fun of it, but typically there aren't enough pieces left of my sorry ass once he leaves me behind to pick up and make an island with.

Thinking back, I can't recall a Jimi appreciation thread. Which, while sad, also doesn't register as much of a shock given the fact that most regular users in this lounge consider the inane lyrics of people like Anthony Kiedis ("Bob Marley, poet and a prophet. Bob Marley taught me how to offit. Bob Marley, walkin' like he talk it. Goodness me, can't you see, I'm gonna cough it") or the guitar playing of Lil' Wayne (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg) to be the height of poetry or musical creativity.

Enter this thread - Created by a Jimi fan for Jimi fans.

Wanna embed a rare live cover Jimi did of a Dylan track? Post it here. Wanna talk about how underappreciated Noel Redding's guitar work or Mitch Mitchell's drumming was? This is your thread. Wanna share a rare Jimi story, like the time his playing upstaged Eric Clapton and caused him to walk off stage like a pissy tyke? We got you covered.

You're welcome to post whatever you want as long as it pertains to the badassery of Jimi Hendrix in some shape, form, or fashion.

So let me get this started with a rather easy touch : Embedding a notorious live performance of Purple Haze in which Jimi showcases his ability to play with his teeth like a goddamn beast.

Some would argue that Jimi's live performance tricks such as playing behind his neck, playing with his teeth, or lighting his guitar on fire were cheap parlor tricks.

The scientific community refer to these people as ****s.

My family knows when I pass, all along the watch tower will be played, nobody will speak or eulogized me, then my ashes dropped in the SF bay!

That's a fact. Hendrix watch tower, no words, ashes dumped.
          We got infinite ***** azz punk mofo's up in the house.

Lord take me sooner if possible, too much c0ck nectar being consumed up in here.
          Last edited by Zaroku; 07-06-2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Long time Hendrix fan. I wanted to post his song Angel but it is blocked in my country by copyright. All time great!

Comment

David Gilmour, Hendrix and Randy Rhodes are my favorite guitarists.

Surprised there hasn't been a Hendrix appreciation thread on here after all these years.

I love everything Jimi did from the Experience to Band of Gypsies. If Jimi had his way he would have had Mitch Mitchell on drums and Billy Cox on bass, like he did at Woodstock. That was his best drum and bass combo imo.

Comment

"all along the watchtower" was the music playing when i struck a school bully with an acoustic guitar in the head... that incident made this hendrix classic even more special...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  "all along the watchtower" was the music playing when i struck a school bully with an acoustic guitar in the head... that incident made this hendrix classic even more special...
                  Holy ****, Talip!

I'm thrilled to see you're still around. Haven't seen you since my brief return to posting. Hope all is well in your life, buddy.

Comment

nice to have "seen" you again mike! well, i had a self-imposed hibernation... but im back... i hope you are doing well yourself, sir...

edit: man, i forgot how the interface goes around here... i should have clicked the reply button...
                    Last edited by talip bin osman; 07-06-2016, 05:50 AM.

Comment

One of my girlfriends made this Hendrix cover, thought I'd share it with you knuckleheads,

Comment

Working...
                      X