No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto vs Margarito 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Fighters who taunt and laugh when they are losing every round just look stupid.
    tapia just used to get on my nerves. ok you're getting knocked left right and centre, but oh you're sticking out your tongue?! well done.

Comment

When a fighter smiles after getting tagged all he is doing is emphasizing that a clean shot landed, highlighting it to the judges if u like.

Tony Margarito has one unreal chin though

Comment

I dont care what anyone say, I was clearly scared for Cotto late in the fight, I thought **** de javu all over again, He was getting caught on the ropes, mouth all open, jogging backwards awkwardly after landing a feel jabs (Some call that boxing/boxing lesson i definitely beg to differ).

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
          Although cotto was clearly outboxing, the thought will always linger in my head , "what would have happened if he stopped. " Cotto was clearly gassing before the fight was stopped and would have had to stand his ground. (Whether this would have happened before or after round 12 remains the question)
          Honestly your reasoning is why I re-watched it...lol (I was at the fight)

I was bored too....I pulled up a stool to approximately 4 feet away from a 60" inch hdtv.
          Cotto won the 8th and 9th round pretty easy too. Like I said 7 is debatable.

I know while in the crowd at MSG, The fans were yelling and screaming to let them fight. Some even chanting " he wants to die".

I think he would have been hurt, either in the eye or in the brain. Like he said he would die. (which is not a sane mentality). I think its good someone with higher education stopped it for him.

Comment

3 rounds is a long time in boxing especially with each guy's respective styles and personalities. The people saying they know what would've happened in those rounds are the real fools.

The official story is that they weren't willing to risk Margarito's health but I think they weren't willing to risk Cotto's either.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Um, as much of a **** trainer Garcia is...round 9 WAS Margarito's best round, that's a fact. You don't need to be Einstein to see that. 25 out 78 power punches landed, while Cotto landed 23. Before that, Margarito was landing 15-16 power punches per round, so that was his best round by a lot.

The fight totals were 148 Cotto, 131 Margarito. If you ask me, Margarito was very well in the fight. Any one is in the fight with Cotto's defensive flaws. Margarito did a lot better than I expected. But the fight still ended as I predicted: Margarito's eye wasn't gonna hold up for 12 rounds.
              Dont use the numbers from compubox. Watch the fight and you will see that most of those punches were arm punches and with no power. He was slapping Cotto not hitting with the same authority he did in the first fight. The fight ended there. There was a chance Tony get to him. Who knows. But the fact is that he lost and Cotto closed that chapter.

Comment

i rewatched it too, a clean large version and I couldn't believe how lop sided it was. Didn't seem that way on fight night, 8 and 9 Margarito was taking a bad beating. It was a good decision to stop it.

Comment

yeah, cotto made him look like he was in the wrong class, showed such lovely skill it was a masterpiece by cotto

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                    Dont use the numbers from compubox. Watch the fight and you will see that most of those punches were arm punches and with no power. He was slapping Cotto not hitting with the same authority he did in the first fight. The fight ended there. There was a chance Tony get to him. Who knows. But the fact is that he lost and Cotto closed that chapter.
                    I watched the fight carefully..This guy Kev...must not have.

A "power punch' is anything other than a jab. Tony racked up those numbers during the times they clinched, He would slap at Cotto like 10 times in one clinch.
                    I cant say for sure if they were hurting Cotto but it sure didnt seem like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
                      I watched the fight carefully..This guy Kev...must not have.

A "power punch' is anything other than a jab. Tony racked up those numbers during the times they clinched, He would slap at Cotto like 10 times in one clinch.
                      I cant say for sure if they were hurting Cotto but it sure didnt seem like it.
                      He's always been a hater. Don't get surprise everytime u watch a a post of him in a Cotto related thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X