No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs Pep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
    Does it matter ? Azumah had ZERO US experience when Sal fought him.
    Salido is better than Linares and Walters ?
    Dude, that was Loma's second fight . And Salido was over weight .

Sal did not venture above 126 either .
    Sal's biggest asset was his feet and stamina.
    Loma has better feet and is a southpaw.
    Sal might have beat Loma but it sure wouldn't have been a blowout .
    Even Pat Cowdell survived Sal for 15 rounds. And he was a bum.
    Btw, Sal was knocked down in a fight in LA once. And got a gift draw.
    Azumah had a proven Quality, less of two years of the fight against Sal and he was champion.

Of course Salido is better than Linares and Walters, had a better career, better wins, what the fu.ck are you talking about?

Salido would K.O Linares worst than Thompson and he would bullied Walters that is nothing but sh.it, he was famous because he beat a bantamweight like Donaire.

Sánchez had a lot of tools.more, not stamina and feet, he was a máster exchanging punches and had a good jab.

Cowdell would be champ in this era, he was not a bum.

And yeah, when he was like 19 years and it was different, Sánchez was robbed with that draw.
    Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 05-15-2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Fan boys cheer a 12-1 pro as an ATG. Seasoned boxing historians always wait and see. Only time will tell if LOmo is a true ATG. He has oh so much to prove.

Comment

I would have to go with Pep over Loma. I would also favor Saddler too. Both are too cagey and too experienced, especially in the era they fought of master boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          Azumah had a proven Quality, less of two years of the fight against Sal and he was champion.

Of course Salido is better than Linares and Walters, had a better career, better wins, what the fu.ck are you talking about?

Salido would K.O Linares worst than Thompson and he would bullied Walters that is nothing but sh.it, he was famous because he beat a bantamweight like Donaire.

Sánchez had a lot of tools.more, not stamina and feet, he was a máster exchanging punches and had a good jab.

Cowdell would be champ in this era, he was not a bum.

And yeah, when he was like 19 years and it was different, Sánchez was robbed with that draw.
          Sanchez got a gift on that draw according to the peeps I know who were there.

Cowdell could not break an egg with his fists .
          He was very well managed by Mickey Duff.
          Mickey was a puppet master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Two of the most pure of boxers. Who wins this one, and why?
            Fůck off, red k.

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
            I am rather shocked that some would even mention a fighter with a dozen pro fights in the same breath as Pep or Sanchez. Lomo is a fast tricky southpaw. In no way shape or form has he proven himself as an ATG. Time is the only thing that will tell.
            Yea man, the posters here are high on some new shít.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              I would have to go with Pep over Loma. I would also favor Saddler too. Both are too cagey and too experienced, especially in the era they fought of master boxers.
              I looked those guys up on Wiki. I knew a bit about both of them but got curious. Saddler apparently was a beast. He was rated at one time as the 5th hardest puncher P4P ever. If you fouled him look out. The rule book meant nothing to him.

Wiki has his record as

Total fights
              Wins
              Wins by KO
              Losses
              Draws

Willie Pep's Record was
              Total fights
              Wins
              Wins by KO
              Losses
              Draws
              No contests

Comment

Believe me, no one cares that the great Houdini is shocked. We saw a good question, we asked it. We would be shocked if that did not shock the great Houdini.

Chenko has fought 9 championship fights. That is enough to put him in with some all time greats. No one said he wasn't still learning. Oh, but I guess he would not do as well as any of the opponents Pep actually fought. Is that right, great Houdini? Will you be shocked to know that Chenko could beat at least 95% of Pep's opponents?
                Last edited by The Old LefHook; 05-15-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                  Sanchez got a gift on that draw according to the peeps I know who were there.

Cowdell could not break an egg with his fists .
                  He was very well managed by Mickey Duff.
                  Mickey was a puppet master.
                  His draw with Escobar was reported as a lucky decision. He was dropped twice in that fight too. Mexican Puppet just makes **** up. He tried to say Carlos Palamino was robbed against Wilfred Benitez for crying out loud.

The story of the Escobar fight is that he was told by his management the weight was x amount and then the day of the fight he was told it was a few lbs lighter. He was dropped twice and very lucky to escape with a draw.

However his loss to Becerra was reported as somewhat of a robbery.

Cowdell was indeed featherfisted but he had an awkward style and speed. I think that style of boxer will always give issues to guys like Sanchez. Cowdell though would not have been a champion in this or any era the way this guys saying though. A belt holder briefly maybe, but he's not beating elite level guys. He'd not beat Russell (who'd wreck him with speed and power), Santa Cruz or Frampton and Loma would have embarrassed him.

Comment

--- Zoomy was more than a fringe contender though.

In Ghana they practice a type of elemental roots of boxing by wrapping fists in strips of rawhide to experience a much more brutal outcome, so taking up pro boxing was a picnic until he met Sal...R.I.P...
                    Last edited by QueensburyRules; 05-16-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      --- Zoomy was more than a fringe contender though.

In Ghana they practice a type of elemental roots of boxing by wrapping fists in strips of rawhide to experience a much more brutal outcome, so taking up pro boxing was a picnic until he met Sal...R.I.P...
                      He wasn't a seasoned pro yet though but Sal fought to his opponents level almost every time. His two perceived biggest challenges were Gomez and Lopez and he annihilated both. Had he seen what Nelson did to Gomez (albeit a faded one), he'd have risen his game I'm sure.

Their fight was damn close. I had it 7-7 coming into round 15. Sanchez was a winner though so I'd have backed him in a re-match but he'd have to go through hell again to get the win again.

Comment

Working...
                      X