No announcement yet.

Footwork position when moving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwork position when moving

1. Is it natural for your feet to bounce back and forth on the balls of your feet while throwing combos? I notice when I throw combos, my feet do that. Does it decrease punching power?
    2. When throwing lead hooks, would taking a step before punching limit the power in the punching?
    3. Should your feet pivot forward when throwing punches while moving forward, or should they be taking small steps? I notice mine pivot forward rather than actually taking steps

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
    1. Is it natural for your feet to bounce back and forth on the balls of your feet while throwing combos? I notice when I throw combos, my feet do that. Does it decrease punching power?
    2. When throwing lead hooks, would taking a step before punching limit the power in the punching?
    3. Should your feet pivot forward when throwing punches while moving forward, or should they be taking small steps? I notice mine pivot forward rather than actually taking steps
    I bounce around sometimes.

Do you step in or step back? I always move forward or step in to my shots.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I step forward but when I do, i notice my feet pivot rotate forward instead of lifting with q actual step

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
        I step forward but when I do, i notice my feet pivot rotate forward instead of lifting with q actual step
        Is that affecting your fights in a negative way?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Have to step in to increase momentum of the punch

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            Have to step in to increase momentum of the punch
            Absolutely correct.

Comment

Working...
            X