Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Marcos Maidana "murder" a prime Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    I'm a Hitman fan but I find it very hard not to picture Maidana hurting Hatton and stopping him sometime around the 9th-10th round.
    Same here.

What a lot of people don't realize is Maidana can hold his own on the inside and outside. Never been knocked out.

Comment

• It would be an all out war, It really depends who invests in the body more, or who lands that lucky shot. This version of Maidana has the defense, intelligence, and jab to keep himself at a favorable distance before lunging in with combinations of hooks and uppercuts. Hatton was a beast and could end it with one shot as well, it would be an exciting fight.

Comment

• Hatton comfortably imo. Unfortunately he is criminally underrated on here because he lost to two fighters who just happen to have the two most ******ed fanbases in boxing.

Comment

• At 140 Hatton wins a one sided decision. It would be closer at 147 because Hatton was not right at that weight as we seen in the Collazo fight.
          Last edited by J-champ; 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            It would be an all out war, It really depends who invests in the body more, or who lands that lucky shot. This version of Maidana has the defense, intelligence, and jab to keep himself at a favorable distance before lunging in with combinations of hooks and uppercuts. Hatton was a beast and could end it with one shot as well, it would be an exciting fight.
            Mayweather himself didn't have an easy time keeping Hatton at a favorable distance when he opted to move, Hatton had exceptional foot speed, say what you may about him as a fighter but his foot speed was exceptional. His ability to fight on the inside while not great was a lot better than Maidana (Who needs room), his wrestling tactics, physicality would have been too much for Maidana who couldn't even handle Alexander in that department. I don't see the argument here, Maidana has stamina issues, is weak to the body, couldn't handle Alexander's wrestling tactics and I'm suppose to think he could have dealt with a prime Hatton? Don't think so.

I like Maidana, for some it seems like I'm coming off as a hater when I'm usually rooting for him, usually. People are starting to overrate him here, even being irrational enough to bring up Collazo's success against Hatton when Maidana doesn't even fight like Collazo.

Comment

• I still don't get why people bring up Collazo as some slight against Hatton dude is a really good fighter and it was a very competitive fight people act like Collazo shat on Hatton's face.

Comment

Working...
              X