No announcement yet.

What boxing taught me about hard work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
    Actually Dempsey didn't fight with his hands up in a peekaboo, but he did fight with a bob and weave style which he learned prior to Kearns. One of the first if not THE first champion to do it. If I remember right I think Kearns polished up Dempsey's left into what it would later be known for.
    Actually Dempsey was with Doc Kearns before his very first fight, which was against One Punch Hanc0ck in Salt Lake City. I got this information from Bert Sugar, called Bert Sugar on Boxing.

hi Mojo. I suppose it's debatable, but Dempsey was the name that came up in my mind when I thought of basically who and what style first influenced the peekaboo style, which of course incorporates that bob and weave movement into the attack as well. Tyson and Cus themselves have been known to admire him and his style.
    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 06-10-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
      Actually Dempsey was with Doc Kearns before his very first fight, which was against One Punch Hanc0ck in Salt Lake City. I got this information from Bert Sugar, called Bert Sugar on Boxing.
      Dempsey didn't hook up with Kearns until 1917, his earliest recorded fights were in 1914.

hi Mojo. I suppose it's debatable, but Dempsey was the name that came up in my mind when I thought of basically who and what style first influenced the peekaboo style, which of course incorporates that bob and weave movement into the attack as well. Tyson and Cus themselves have been known to admire him and his style.
      Of course, Dempsey's style did greatly influence the peakaboo however Dempsey fought slightly differently with more hands down and out of a crouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        Of course, Dempsey's style did greatly influence the peakaboo however Dempsey fought slightly differently with more hands down and out of a crouch.
        This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I'm against marriage. I want kids, but I want to do it without getting married. I made this decision based on previous life experiences and seeing guys I knew get enslaved by their own bewilderment by lust. Many women will use this against us to control us, aka keeping us milked dry. Their mothers may constantly cook delicious food - it is to take you off the market and rely on the daughter. They have a plan for you that you aren't aware of yet. How did I get out? I ate some mushrooms that were hallucinogenic, allowed me to step outside the box and get away from that *****. Being in council with an elder who had dealt with divorce during this time, who was giving me guidance, really also helped me get away.
          I think if you're with the right woman it's not like that. I waited until I was 33 to find the one for me. Lots of guys settle way to early in life. I knew my girlfriend was the one for me when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she told me a fishing rod and tacklebox. My heart pretty much melted

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote142 View Post
            I think if you're with the right woman it's not like that. I waited until I was 33 to find the one for me. Lots of guys settle way to early in life. I knew my girlfriend was the one for me when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she told me a fishing rod and tacklebox. My heart pretty much melted
            I settled at early 30s as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote142 View Post
              How long y'all been together? congrats on finding the one. Yeah, I had a five year relationship that I messed up by compromising the trust early, I think I'm just happier 'alone' - not with a woman living with me, just 'alone' I prefer it that way.

Comment

There is an ancient text called the Bhagavad Gita, basically it talks about how us humans are bewildered by lust and that those who conquer the lust are the most powerful humans on the planet. I feel like females essentially get us hooked on their snatch smack and use us up like resources. I think fooling ourselves into the idea that we can ever truly be 'theirs' or how they can truly be 'ours' is all a complete joke. The book says one must choose love or war, both have consequences. gotta go with war.

Comment

There is an ancient text called the Bhagavad Gita, basically it talks about how us humans are bewildered by lust and that those who conquer the lust are the most powerful humans on the planet. I feel like females essentially get us hooked on their snatch smack and use us up like resources. I think fooling ourselves into the idea that we can ever truly be 'theirs' or how they can truly be 'ours' is all a complete joke. The book says one must choose love or war, both have consequences. gotta go with war.
                  Must explain the rise of Trump. He defeated lust.

Comment

I'm against marriage. I want kids, but I want to do it without getting married. I made this decision based on previous life experiences and seeing guys I knew get enslaved by their own bewilderment by lust. Many women will use this against us to control us, aka keeping us milked dry. Their mothers may constantly cook delicious food - it is to take you off the market and rely on the daughter. They have a plan for you that you aren't aware of yet. How did I get out? I ate some mushrooms that were hallucinogenic, allowed me to step outside the box and get away from that *****. Being in council with an elder who had dealt with divorce during this time, who was giving me guidance, really also helped me get away.
                    I agree with you, marriages are shams

Comment

Working...
                    X