No announcement yet.

Jimmy Young As Pure Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
    well, you completely ignored my points. I get your opinion on the leaning out of the ropes ****. I know what you mean.

My point was that if you score it round by round you will find it very hard to score it to Ali. I get how you don't like the negative tactics by Young, but Young absolutely won the fight on clean punching and defense. He won it on rounds.
    I don't know why I should bother since you're sitting there and saying Young won with a straight face while ignoring the obvious point deductions that should have happened. You 'know what I mean' yet you choose to ignore it. These aren't 'negative tactics' these are blatant loopholes to cheat which won him the fight in many people's half blind eyes. Literally won him the fight for them. And no I scored it round by round once and I gave it to Ali easily because I deducted 2 points from Young and I was being generous there. I did what the ref should have done, so I can't ever score that fight for Young. Young being robbed against Ali is as much of a myth as the excuses for Foreman losing to Young.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      I don't know why I should bother since you're sitting there and saying Young won with a straight face while ignoring the obvious point deductions that should have happened. You 'know what I mean' yet you choose to ignore it. These aren't 'negative tactics' these are blatant loopholes to cheat which won him the fight in many people's half blind eyes. Literally won him the fight for them. And no I scored it round by round once and I gave it to Ali easily because I deducted 2 points from Young and I was being generous there. I did what the ref should have done, so I can't ever score that fight for Young. Young being robbed against Ali is as much of a myth as the excuses for Foreman losing to Young.
      The referee is the one who deducts points, not the judges. If the perceived penalties weren't noted by the referee, then they don't count. I watched that fight on live TV and felt Young deserved the decision over a sluggish overweight Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
        If you score it round by round, which I understand is a chore in itself, you will find that Young did the much more effective work, landed the cleaner punches and generally made Ali look like a goddamn fool with his defense. Ali really couldn't land his jab at all and even tried to feint a little bit, but Young picked up on that too.

It's definitely not a myth, I mean you can see how some think Young won that fight, right? Young absolutely fought negatively, but he still won that fight IMO.
        I wouldn't really count that fight as ALI was at least 2 years blatantly past his prime or full abilities win or lose.Hard to give anyone true credit for beating ALI past 75.I do think the overaggerated excuses for why Young defeated Foreman however is comical ,he clearly out smarted the not so smart then , Foreman and won fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Scored it a while a go and had Young up 3-4 rounds or so I think, could have been more or less but that feels right, lost my scorecard so even though it's a mild form of torture I'm doing it again for the sake of this thread, just finished round 5 and have Young up 49-46, the 2 times he put his head out of the ropes so far have been what looked accidental in Round 2 and after Ali clinched and pushed him in Round 4.
          Only given Ali Round 4 so far and that's jus me being generous, could of easily been a Young round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Young lost 19 of 56 fights, about 33%. But why allow facts to interfere with your agenda now, Funnyboy? Too bad you can't block me from other peoples threads like you did for your own you gutless troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Is Sonny blocking people from threads now? I didn't know he could do that. Doesn't he realize everyone would happily block his halfwitted trolling from theirs.

I don't care how tall Young was, he was a narrow guy with ****. His body fat percentage was high. He stood there with muscle elephants and sometimes beat them. Not what you expect to see from that build.

Scott makes much more sense than Sonny, when you get down to cases. Sonny is mentally ill, which becomes more clear by the day. His need to make outrageious statements runs his life on here and ruins it for others. If he is not in a squabble he is unsatisfied. Only his opinions count because they are the truth. Didn't you know that? They invented padded cells for guys like him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                Is Sonny blocking people from threads now? I didn't know he could do that. Doesn't he realize everyone would happily block his halfwitted trolling from theirs.

I don't care how tall Young was, he was a narrow guy with ****. His body fat percentage was high. He stood there with muscle elephants and sometimes beat them. Not what you expect to see from that build.

Scott makes much more sense than Sonny, when you get down to cases. Sonny is mentally ill, which becomes more clear by the day. His need to make outrageious statements runs his life on here and ruins it for others. If he is not in a squabble he is unsatisfied. Only his opinions count because they are the truth. Didn't you know that? They invented padded cells for guys like him.
                Yes, Sonnyboy has blocked me from posting in his lame threads. That means he can insult me without me having a chance to respond to his slander and ridiculous lies. Apparently he was offended at me laughing at his claim that he has no bias against Lennox Lewis, which is kind of like him pissing on me and telling me it is raining.

Comment

Yes, he blocked me too. Not surprised or worried about it in the least. He's a joke and always has been.

Comment

i have not blocked anyone.. you are welcome to block me, so go ahead...... i dare you

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      i have not blocked anyone.. you are welcome to block me, so go ahead...... i dare you
                      So not only are you oblivious 90 % of the time but also a ..

No one would block you if they were smart ,why do so and ruin more opportunities to further show case your comedy act ....

Comment

Working...
                      X