Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone that has DAZN actually watch Hearn’s domestic U.K. cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I think Hearn has a lot to learn in regards to American boxing fans/scene. UK fans would watch anything from another part of the world, this is why their knowledge of boxing is broad. For example when PBC fights were broadcast on Frank Warren’s Boxnation we were about to watch America/Latino boxers who weren’t necessarily big names, and the view were still good compared to the bigger names. I don’t think American fight fans have that sort of view. That’s why their knowledge is quite limited in general.
    What the hell kind of knowledge can anyone gain from watching Leigh Wood vs. Ryan Doyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I think Hearn has a lot to learn in regards to American boxing fans/scene. UK fans would watch anything from another part of the world, this is why their knowledge of boxing is broad. For example when PBC fights were broadcast on Frank Warren’s Boxnation we were about to watch America/Latino boxers who weren’t necessarily big names, and the view were still good compared to the bigger names. I don’t think American fight fans have that sort of view. That’s why their knowledge is quite limited in general.
      Depends on the fighters man. Canelo/Golovkin did huge numbers both times and ones Mexican and ones Kazakh. if you can box, you’ll get accepted. Lennox was accepted on this side of the globe before he was on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Some of them are good. I was illegal streaming them pre-DAZN cuz I think some of them are legit quality competitive shows. That said some are kinda bs & there are some UK guys I've not become fans of at all or just have lil to no interest in & this card you mention could be one of them lol.

But yea sometimes I do watch the Matchroom UK cards from bottom to top cuz there are some solid prospects with Matchroom or they just matchup guys well competitively or in fun fights. Kinda like Floyd does on a lower level in the US. People love to sh^t on Eddie & Floyd sometimes for their roster or how their guys suck, but the thing Eddie & Floyd do is trial by fire their signed guys & thats why they got so few guys with 0's on their roster compared to most other promoters. Half these f#cking big name promoters will drop a mfer if he loses a fight or two. Eddie & Floyd don't do that as often.
        I agree they are worth watching and have caught some good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
          What the hell kind of knowledge can anyone gain from watching Leigh Wood vs. Ryan Doyle?
          Not every UK fight card is like that. Besides, that fight may be entertaining. Fowler v Fitzgerald a few weeks ago was brilliant.

You're deliberately picking a weak card. It's a NXTGEN card which means it's just to give fights to prospects. ****, I didn't even know about it until you brought it up.

But fighters like Felix Cash, Fabio Wardley, Raymond Ford (US kid), Qais Ashfaq are all undefeated prospects.

Jordan Gill, who headlines, is also a very good prospect.

So if you're a fan of boxing surely you want to see the kids come through and learn their trade?

If you were expecting a world class card every week then find some other network who provides that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
            I sure as hell don’t. I don’t even consider Hearn’s U.K. cards as part of DAZN’s schedule.

Leigh Wood vs. Ryan Doyle on May 10th. What the f**k is that s**t?

DAZN needs to give some more dates to Golden Boy or other promoters.

I wanna see fighters like Vergil Ortiz, Juan Francisco Estrada, Oleksandr Usyk and Naoya Inoue on DAZN as often as possible, not Hearn’s domestic s**t. Hell, I’d rather watch Ryan Garcia’s lame ass than Hearn’s domestic bum fights. More Joet Gonzalez, Jaime Munguia, Antonio Orozco and Jason Quigley would be welcome too.
            They not even known in England

Comment

Working...
            X