No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rob Brant Drops, Stops Khasan Baysangurov in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
    Brant established himself as the #1 middleweight in the world tonight. He staked his claim to the middleweight throne when he whooped Murata, and tonight he made it clear. Look for Canelo to duck Brant for the next 5 years.
    You cannot be serious
    Brant #1 middleweight in the world
    No fughin way

Comment

• I want to see Brant vs Jarrett Hurd so badly

Comment

Brant established himself as the #1 middleweight in the world tonight. He staked his claim to the middleweight throne when he whooped Murata, and tonight he made it clear.
        Rofl. Let's be clear on something - Murata sucks. Murata/Brant was the most basic one-dimensional come-forward fight I've seen possibly in years. It isn't exaggeration to say that Murata's head movement and defense were virtually non-existant (for the skeptical, actually *watch* that fight, unless of course you have anything remotely better to do). I believe Murata--to his credit--was quoted afterward saying "Brant made me feel my skills are very limited", and of course nobody who'd been paying attention needed Brant's help in reaching that "revelation". A decisive victory for Brant, but not an impressive one. So yeah, not only would anyone elite give Brant trouble, even a Lemieux or Akavov probably could.
        Last edited by Sweet Scions; 02-16-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Baysangurov is very young with little international experience - so no surprise with this result.

Brant did the job he was supposed to against an opponent chosen to make him look good
          - and the only real question is why Baysangurov got the title shot with so little push back from the media & other opponents...
          I didn't see anyone questioning why a very green Baysangurov deserved a title shot with so many other top level contenders around...

Comment

• Whoever wrote they wanna see brant be Hurd, YOU are a bad ass matchmaker! Thatd freakin rule.

Comment

• Of the upcoming middle weight match-ups...forget the winners, the losers would likely be favored to beat Brant.

I'm not high on Brant.

Comment

Brant established himself as the #1 middleweight in the world tonight. He staked his claim to the middleweight throne when he whooped Murata, and tonight he made it clear. Look for Canelo to duck Brant for the next 5 years.
                You like Brant that much? I mean, he fought a so-so fighter and it took 11 rounds to finish him. He's alright and all but if he gets in there with Canelo or anyone with above average offense, he's gonna get lit up. Did you see how he leans forward before he throws every punch? You don't think that would get exploited in a major way by better opposition? As far as defense, Brant has good footwork but I don't remember him dodging or blocking a whole lot. Now maybe it was a matter of him doing what that level of opponent required but if that's his normal style his eye will be way worse than what it was last night if he does that against prime opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  I believe Brant was gassed out in tonight’s fight
                  Not much power in his shots once the second half kicked in
                  His ko came out of nowhere , possibly more the Russian being done himself
                  I think this would be a great fight for Charlo
                  One he can take and win
                  Yea it’s a interesting mix of styles. Brant is very come forward. Charlo sit backs and likes to counter with bombs. Brant did have a fight at 68 but he’s a natural 60 but he has good size for the division. You’re right about him losing steam on his punches in the second half. They were noticeably slower and he was starting to project them. But he’s still a relatively young champ and these early title defenses are great learning for him. I like this guy. Hope to see him again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post
                    Yea it’s a interesting mix of styles. Brant is very come forward. Charlo sit backs and likes to counter with bombs. Brant did have a fight at 68 but he’s a natural 60 but he has good size for the division. You’re right about him losing steam on his punches in the second half. They were noticeably slower and he was starting to project them. But he’s still a relatively young champ and these early title defenses are great learning for him. I like this guy. Hope to see him again soon.
                    I just don’t see him going far against the likes of Canelo or GGG or Hurd for that matter
                    He’s got a bullchit title and will be a gatekeeper in not too long imo

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X