Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Aims For Three Fights in 2019, Hopes For Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Aims For Three Fights in 2019, Hopes For Title Shot

German Caicedo, trainer for heavyweight contender Luis Ortiz (30-1, 26 KOs), says it's very hard to get opponents for his boxer. Ortiz is currently training for a scheduled ring return on March 2nd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, against Christian Hammer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Post the approaches Luis Ortiz team has made to the following fighters

Alexander Povetkin
    Kubrat Pulev
    Dominic Brezeale
    Andy Ruiz Jr
    Carlos Takam
    Adam kownaki
    Flip Hrgovic
    Joseph Parker

Oh that's right they HAVEN'T

Ortiz only wants to fight BUMS or world champions

You HAVE to beat some guys in the middle ground, but Ortiz doesn't even TRY, he just signs fights vs bums and expects multiple title shots

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
      Post the approaches Luis Ortiz team has made to the following fighters

Alexander Povetkin
      Kubrat Pulev
      Dominic Brezeale
      Andy Ruiz Jr
      Carlos Takam
      Adam kownaki
      Flip Hrgovic
      Joseph Parker

Oh that's right they HAVEN'T

Ortiz only wants to fight BUMS or world champions

You HAVE to beat some guys in the middle ground, but Ortiz doesn't even TRY, he just signs fights vs bums and expects multiple title shots
      Every one of those names you mentioned would make an interesting fight for Ortiz. Hammer is a safer fight to pad the savings account. Kaufman was no threat at all.

Comment

He's probably going to need the intervention of the alphabet organisations if that's what he wants, most don't want any part of him unless it's going to accelerate their path to a shot at Joshua or Wilder and honestly with the way things are right now being mandatory doesn't mean a whole lot.

Comment

King Kong is ready for all comers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post
            Every one of those names you mentioned would make an interesting fight for Ortiz. Hammer is a safer fight to pad the savings account. Kaufman was no threat at all.
            Exactly. They need to stop it with the "whole division is ducking" BS

They couldn't announce the Hammer fight soon enough, where were the negotiations with any of those guys I mentioned?

I noticed him poke his head out of the woodwork suddenly when AJ-MILLER is already virtually signed.

I'm tired of this guy, if he wants another shot let him fight a pulev then a Parker and actually earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              He's probably going to need the intervention of the alphabet organisations if that's what he wants, most don't want any part of him unless it's going to accelerate their path to a shot at Joshua or Wilder and honestly with the way things are right now being mandatory doesn't mean a whole lot.
              Well point #1 is his team don't seem to even have approached any of the other contenders, as usual and point #2 is maybe AL Haymon ought to open his wallet and stump up a half decent payday for a Luis Ortiz opponent.

Offer Andy Ruiz Jr a mil and that fight gets signed tomorrow. That's a GREAT heavyweight fight pitting a skilled but old counterpuncher vs a guy with incredible handspeed and a great chin.

These guys aren't going to make offers to Ortiz because he doesn't bring any $$$ so it's on HIS team to finance an offer to a decent contender.

We arent going to get Ortiz vs a ruiz jr or a pulev or a hrgovic, It won't happen, he will fight Eric molina or someone next and say the champs are ducking him.

Comment

Ortiz is not a favorite foe in that division to anyone. However, the heavyweight division is that much better with king kong in the lineup. I would rather see a Ortiz vs Wilder 2 than fury 2. And I thought the Fury vs Wilder was great!

Comment

Wishfull thinking but one ppv I'd buy in a heartbeat Ortiz vs Efe Ajagba.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
                    Wishfull thinking but one ppv I'd buy in a heartbeat Ortiz vs Efe Ajagba.
                    Efe is not ready for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X